Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a pair of these filters. Will install in the next day or two and provide an update on the fitment etc. Based on appearance/feel, appears to be well constructed.

AMZN CAF
IMG_1172.jpg

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just replaced the cabin filter on my 18 Pro-4X (@14K miles) with the Amazon Basics filter. The AMZN filter is charcoal impregnated and substantially built vs. the Nissan one. Hopefully it will not be too restrictive with respect to airflow. One tip - it takes seconds to take out the two sheet metal screws holding the fuse block. I highly recommend removing the fuse block when replacing these filters to avoid any damage to the filter during installation. Separately, I could have run the original filter another 5K miles, it was really not that dirty; the pictures reflect a worse condition. Normally, I vacuum out residual debris, dirt and an occasional leaf etc., and wipe the housing as best as I can prior to installing a new cabin air filter on my vehicles. The entire assembly in the Titan was clean, so saved some time. At $15 for a pair, the Amazon filters are a bargain.

image.jpg image (1).jpg image (2).jpg image (3).jpg image (4).jpg image (5).jpg image (6).jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just bought a pair of these filters. Will install in the next day or two and provide an update on the fitment etc. Based on appearance/feel, appears to be well constructed.

AMZN CAF
View attachment 542278
I got this from amazon:
15 bucks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice pics and tips.

Nissan has not made these filters a priority. All my cars and SUVs have been hell to get to and you have to squeeze the filter down to a little ball to fit it in the compartment. This doesn't look as entailed.

The Maxima cabin filter is a bitch being behind the center console.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts