Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My kid got me some black aftermarket headlights for x-mas!!
(Good kid huh? She heard me say i didnt like all the chrome and black would look better)

So I put them in today and wanted to share.
These are them:
DNAMotoring HL-OH-NTIT08-BK-AM Headlight Assembly

They don't look too bad for $118 a pair.

The beam pattern isn't quite as tight... I guess we'll see what it looks like on the road tomorrow after work. See attached OEM and After Pics

For those that haven't removed Titan lamps before... Here are some pics of where the bolts are.
(The grille was interesting, but is covered elsewhere in this forum many times)

I was surprised that Nissan uses the headlamp assembly as a fender mount. That was the "surprise" hidden bolt for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are some before and after pics.

(My other kid got me an LED light bar (two good kids!) You can see it test fitted in the "before" pics... It bolted right in to the lower grille holes with zero issue, but I don't like it stickin' out like that... so.. I'll be making some brackets to put it behind there.)

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here are some before and after pics.

(My other kid got me an LED light bar (two good kids!) You can see it test fitted in the "before" pics... It bolted right in to the lower grille holes with zero issue, but I don't like it stickin' out like that... so.. I'll be making some brackets to put it behind there.)

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
That beam pattern issue may be due to the light not being fully seated in the housing and/or not being the correct distance front to back (hung up on something). The reflectors are made to shape the light by where it is front/back, up/down, left/right etc so any one of those may cause that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That beam pattern issue may be due to the light not being fully seated ....
Yup, I moved them around as much as possible to try and match them to OE... what you see in the pics was as close as I could get to the OE beam pattern.

The bulb fit is actually very tight, so not a lot of wiggle in there.
(I used silicone grease on the o-rings and tabs 'cause they were so tight)

That said...
Driving home tonight after work was a pleasure. I LOVE the beam spread, both low and high.

I felt that the OE lamp assemblies had less than amazing high beams... not these, they are great.

I actually lowered these a little bit from where the OE lamps were set, as I felt the low beams were a little too high before, and they seemed even more so with the new set.

I'm truly happy with these. Fingers crossed that they stay dry inside and don't peel, fade or crack. Time will tell.

·
Registered
567 Posts
No need to worry about moisture or any cracking. I've had a countless number of these come through for headlight builds and have nothing but good to say about them. Even have them on my titan now while I plan out my headlight build for it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
No need to worry about moisture or any cracking. I've had a countless number of these come through for headlight builds and have nothing but good to say about them. Even have them on my titan now while I plan out my headlight build for it

How much did you have to trim to get the offset wheels to fit with the spacers? Mine was hitting like crazy, even with a lot of trimming!

Sorry off topic lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
How much did you have to trim to get the offset wheels to fit with the spacers? Mine was hitting like crazy, even with a lot of trimming!

Sorry off topic lol

I did quite a bit of trimming for sitting at 7" of lift. Don't be scared to trim is all I can say.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah majority of my rub was on the new fender flares I put on and I was cringing every time I cut more lol.

Plus the tire was catching the front bumper a bit too.

I got it to where I had no rubbing under normal driving conditions but as soon as I went off pavement it sounded like the tires were going to tear the truck apart

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yeah majority of my rub was on the new fender flares I put on and I was cringing every time I cut more lol.

Plus the tire was catching the front bumper a bit too.

I got it to where I had no rubbing under normal driving conditions but as soon as I went off pavement it sounded like the tires were going to tear the truck apart

I would'nt be able to have the set up I have now with an oem front bumper. The only time i rub is when i turn and hit a curb at a good speed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took an hour and half ride today in mid 20's weather to go snatch up Big Hoss's OE exhaust. Always great to meet a fellow forum member!

Stopped at the golden arches, got some food, and when I came out there was some condensation inside of both lamp assemblies. Not a lot.. just a haze on about 20% of the inside of the lens. No haze there when I got home, probably 'cause I had the lamps on the hour and a half out, but not on the way back.

Not bad... but still... not supposed to happen. Maybe I'll try to seal em up... or maybe I'll just use em 'til after I mod the OE stuff.

Still very happy with em...

would you sell the stock headlights?
Thanks for askin' but I think I'm eventually gonna mod the OEM assemblies, so probably gonna hang on to them.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Seal 'em up... if you have a warm place to do it, and the moisture is outta there.

Reactions: BWV

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
so does that mean these are crap right out of the box? they shouldn`t have any moisture in them being they are brand new...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dunno "crap" yet. I'm gonna reserve judgment for a bit.

It was raining pretty good when I installed them. I did it outside pointed at my garage door so I could match the aim with what was in there. (wasn't raining when I began the job).

It is possible that they had some really damp air inside them yet. I do not drive a lot at all, so this was really the first trip they got a chance to get heated up good. It was just a very fine haze on a small part of the lens.

If the haze continues after I run em a bit, i'm gonna follow Dreep's advice ... next time it's nice and warm out(and dry) and I got a day to myself, I'll pop the hatch on em and glue em shut properly :)

Reactions: Doober

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I dunno "crap" yet. I'm gonna reserve judgment for a bit.

It was raining pretty good when I installed them. I did it outside pointed at my garage door so I could match the aim with what was in there. (wasn't raining when I began the job).

It is possible that they had some really damp air inside them yet. I do not drive a lot at all, so this was really the first trip they got a chance to get heated up good. It was just a very fine haze on a small part of the lens.

If the haze continues after I run em a bit, i'm gonna follow Dreep's advice ... next time it's nice and warm out(and dry) and I got a day to myself, I'll pop the hatch on em and glue em shut properly :)
would it pay to just contact the company and see what they say?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eh... maybe... but...

I've been doing so much calling or writing and expecting "the right thing" lately, and then sadly getting the opposite, that I'm not thinkin' it's worth the trouble.

I'm gonna just deal with it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts