Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amp/Speakers/JL CleanSweep/Rockford Fosgate

First and foremost, this is my first post on the forum, and I don't even have my titan YET. I just bought a 2008.5 Titan CC SE 4X4 w/ the Rockford Fosgate Package. I should have it early next week.

I previously owned a F-250 where I had aftermarket everything regarding the audio equipment. I appears as though the Titan is going to be a little more difficult, which is leading me down this path.

Goal: To integrate Subs w/Factory system w/existing equipment

Existing Equipment:
1. I have an existing Amp
2-channel car amplifier
200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (300 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
600 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

2. I have 2 Kicker CVT 10's (400 watts RMS each/4 ohm)

Need:
1. Techv12volts Sub Box (This is a no brainer. Nothing but rave reviews. I saw something on your website about having an amp rack built into the enclosure. Is this additional in price?)

2. JL CleanSweep or equivalent? Not sure on this. Thoughts or suggestions regarding this? I would like to hear from someone who has used this.

Questions:
1. Am I going to have to remove any existing equipment in order to do this?

2. Does the CleanSweep/equivalent actually give decent sound?

3. I am under-powering my speakers by 200 watts and I was disappointed with the sound in my previous truck. I was overcompensating on the HU for the lack of power, and causing the sound to be somewhat distorted. I am wondering if going to one speaker and bridging the amp to one channel sound better than two underpowered speakers. It didn't sound horrible by any means, but I could tell they were not hitting their full potential. I don't mind buying an identical amp and bridging them both down. My only complaint is where am I going to put two huge frigging amps and how to wire for two amplifiers vs. one.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be highly appreciated.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
The stealthbox is overpriced Majorly.

The req 5 or Peripherl pch8 works great with a factory headunit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts