Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any of you guys ever use Audiobahn before? Like maybe 7 years ago I had a HC1300. Back then it worked wonders. I used it with 2 12" W6's. That was then though, how are they now?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Re: Amps, Subs, how good are they? Tech, P-Dizzle?

I'd avoid Audiobahn at all costs.... but thats my opinion. A good installer can make just about anything sound decent. But its all junk as far as I'm concerned.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Re: Amps, Subs, how good are they? Tech, P-Dizzle?

t22a80 said:
I'd avoid Audiobahn at all costs.... but thats my opinion. A good installer can make just about anything sound decent. But its all junk as far as I'm concerned.
O stay away from it also. One of my reps is also a rep for audiobahn and stop him at the door everytime he tries to sneak a piece in/

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Askari X said:
:lol: Its gotten that bad huh? I was gonna see about the A5000SPL High Current amp they have. Whats gotten so bad about them?
everything. Look at the sundown 3000 . It will walk all over that amp>>>>

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Askari X said:
the SAZ 3000D looks pretty good as far as capabilities. Whats the cost?
I think retail is like 1089.00 Check your PMS

·
Banned
141 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM AUDIOBAHN!!!! if you can sell it on ebay or something audiobahn went out of business as of this year so theres no warranty if anyone tries to sell you new audiobahn, the kool thing i like about em is their flame design but that just makes up for their poor performance:boxing: . now go with something like kicker i have some kicker cvx 10 inch subs rating @ 600rms 1200 max each sub with a memphis mc1000d and it bangs!!!! check em out i got the subs for 129 a piece and the amp for 269 over here in houston (pretty cheap for new stuff eh!!:cheers: go with something name brand rockford fosgate has some good subs too and amps youll like em also

·
Registered
80 Posts
they dont make any of em like they used to. thats why i like planet audio. 5 year warranty. monoblock amps are monsters. i used to have an audiobahn amp about 6 years ago. decent amp, but i find them to be nothing more than "pretty" IMO.

invest in old school rockford fosgate amps. they will push anything!:teethmast

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
drummer_josh said:
they dont make any of em like they used to. thats why i like planet audio. 5 year warranty. monoblock amps are monsters. i used to have an audiobahn amp about 6 years ago. decent amp, but i find them to be nothing more than "pretty" IMO.

invest in old school rockford fosgate amps. they will push anything!:teethmast
yes they do make them better than they use to. Look at the specs for the sundown audio stuff and the warrnty bro.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I posted on another thread about HiFonics. How do they compare to today's newer product? Back in the day, you was doin' it when you had the Zuess or the Colossus, but where do they stand now?

·
Registered
80 Posts
tech12volt said:
yes they do make them better than they use to. Look at the specs for the sundown audio stuff and the warrnty bro.

give me a link. im not familiar with sundown audio at all. tell ya what volt. if sundown SERIOUSLY makes an amp comparable, that can out perform my planet audio 2250...? ill buy one from you tomorrow. no joke. this planet amp is a beast.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
drummer_josh said:
give me a link. im not familiar with sundown audio at all. tell ya what volt. if sundown SERIOUSLY makes an amp comparable, that can out perform my planet audio 2250...? ill buy one from you tomorrow. no joke. this planet amp is a beast.

www.sundownaudio.com and the 3000 will destroy or even the 1500. Not saying planet audio is junk. I have dealt with both and theres no comparison

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Askari X said:
Any of you guys ever use Audiobahn before? Like maybe 7 years ago I had a HC1300. Back then it worked wonders. I used it with 2 12" W6's. That was then though, how are they now?
That amplifier was pretty ballsy but required a lot of power to make power. The dials and connections were cheap and innacurate. The fan on the HC amps was loud as hell too. They were good power for the money but not the best quality. Audiobahn had a few good products in their early days but I wouldn't give them a second thought now, but then I won't buy any product with flames on it. Digital Audio, Swiss Audio and Ichi Bahn were also Audiobahn companys.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
drummer_josh said:
Sundown is in a completely different league.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Sundown makes quality stuff at reasonable prices. Jacob "the owner" is a member here and from time to time he posts under the user name "sundownz".

He is very knowledgeable and has a lot of pride with the stuff he makes. I'd recommend his products over most mainstream brands.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i appreciate the feedback. im relatively new to the forum, and i have seen a lot of talk round here about these amps. but other than this forum, honestly, not much info on em. i dont mean that in a bad way. perhaps the company is new, trying to get their feet of the ground?? completely understandable. or perhaps im not lookin in the right places?? very good possibility. its just that if im going to dump that kinda cash into something, just as everyone else, i want my money's worth. the website offers some information on their amps, but im a "testimonial" consumer. ive been a car stereo junkie for years, and ive made my mistakes in purchases along the way, and we have all been in those situations where you buy it, and youre stuck with it. see what im sayin.? if there is anyone round here who can offer some pro / con opinion on these sundown amps? like i said in an earlier post, ill buy one, and if its worth it, ill advertise the heck out of it. i am just asking for some honest convincing. but one thing sets a company apart from others IMO. there isnt an amp on the market that i cant pop. not bragging....none of em are guaranteed forever, but that little thing called "customer service" is what makes all the difference in the world.....regardless of how big/ small the company. anyway, im rambling.....any info would be helpful...thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
drummer_josh said:
i appreciate the feedback. im relatively new to the forum, and i have seen a lot of talk round here about these amps. but other than this forum, honestly, not much info on em. i dont mean that in a bad way. perhaps the company is new, trying to get their feet of the ground?? completely understandable. or perhaps im not lookin in the right places?? very good possibility. its just that if im going to dump that kinda cash into something, just as everyone else, i want my money's worth. the website offers some information on their amps, but im a "testimonial" consumer. ive been a car stereo junkie for years, and ive made my mistakes in purchases along the way, and we have all been in those situations where you buy it, and youre stuck with it. see what im sayin.? if there is anyone round here who can offer some pro / con opinion on these sundown amps? like i said in an earlier post, ill buy one, and if its worth it, ill advertise the heck out of it. i am just asking for some honest convincing. but one thing sets a company apart from others IMO. there isnt an amp on the market that i cant pop. not bragging....none of em are guaranteed forever, but that little thing called "customer service" is what makes all the difference in the world.....regardless of how big/ small the company. anyway, im rambling.....any info would be helpful...thanks guys.

i think i will let the man that designed it answer this for you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can actually find a wealth of information about Sundown Audio amplifiers on other forums, including our official forum linked on our site. I'll start you off with a few links to testing:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7116
* SAZ-1500D 12-volt testing

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7117
* SAZ-1500D 16-volt testing

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9952
* SAZ-3000D 12-volt testing (actually dropped down to 10.75 volts)

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7900
* SAZ-3000D 16-volt testing

Most of that testing was done by users, not by me. I did do the 12-volt SAZ-3000D test myself, and will be updating it shortly with a more capable 12-volt electrical setup able to keep voltage over 12.8 volts.

How about some more... how does 2200 watts dynamic power from the SAZ-1500D sound? Easy to replicate test with a clamp meter here:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/CIMG1519.AVI

I'd be happy to answer any further questions that you have about the line. Every amp that Sundown makes easily exceeds the rated specifications under real world conditions. You can search on several forums and find piles of use feedback:

http://www.caraudio.com
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/

Those two will turn up the most users for you. If you post a thread asking for comments on Sundown you should very easily turn up quite a bit of feedback.

We can even move on to the multi-channels, here is a review written by an Audison dealer regarding the SAX-100.4 model:

http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=27199&highlight=sundown+audison

He actually bought the amp from me after testing it... and had so many good things to say about it even though he doesn't even sell Sundown :)

1 - 20 of 119 Posts