Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
wilstone said:
has anybody tried a five channel amp yet?

I use them a lot in my installs . one footprint. its a great idea. I actually sell a boston acoustic 5 channel amp that is sweet.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
The new JL 500/5 V2 should be out soon, thats a real nice amp. Arc Audio (my current choice) also makes one but its pricey and hard to find. Its the XXK-5150. I'd probably pick the JL over it though because I like the way its configured better as far as power output.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Audison has a 6 channel that is amazing.. two actually (lrx vrx) if you don't want to spend that kind of cash, US amps 5600x is one of the more powerfull 5 channels I have seen.

The arc mentioned by t22a80 would be a quality amp as well.

Memphis belle is another great one.

There is nothing wrong with a 5 channel if it suits your needs. How much power are you looking for? what are you looking to do?

The JL one is nice because its "stepped" in power, as in the fronts get more than the rears.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Grunge is right, the Audisons are nice, I forgot about those.

And yes I like how the JL is stepped in power just as Grunge mentioned. This is what I meant by its configuration. It is 100wrms x 2 for the fronts, 25wrms x2 for the rear and 250wrms for the sub. The other nice thing is it is an A/B amp for the 4 channels and a class D for the sub channel. Its not a powerhouse amp but it should give plenty of power for a decent system. The only downfall with using a "all in one amp" is that if you wanted to upgrade down the road you would need to add another amp. Also, you typically pay more for 5 ch amps then you do regular ones.

Read more about it here.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=256

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Another great thing about 5 channel amps is using them active..

Running your tweets off of 2 channels, your mids off of 2 channels and either your subs or your rears mono of of the 5th channel.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
grunge311 said:
Another great thing about 5 channel amps is using them active..

Running your tweets off of 2 channels, your mids off of 2 channels and either your subs or your rears mono of of the 5th channel.
yes i do this alot. i actually have two of the original xtant 3/5 channel amps in one vehicle. with xtants you had rear outputs that were already setup to be 3 db lower than the fronts no matter how you adjusted it. They were actually tied into the fronts and shared the same outputs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know it's old school but I run an A/D/S 6.25 in mine. I can run it in 4, 5, or 6 channel mode. Generally I run 4 Channel with an amp for the subs. In the Titan I'll run it 6 channel with an amp for the subs. It is CLEAN.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Doo Dah said:
I know it's old school but I run an A/D/S 6.25 in mine. I can run it in 4, 5, or 6 channel mode. Generally I run 4 Channel with an amp for the subs. In the Titan I'll run it 6 channel with an amp for the subs. It is CLEAN.
yes i love the old a/d/s stuff. i have a couple of the 8 channel amps i ran in a 325 i for a while.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
tech12volt said:
yes i love the old a/d/s stuff. i have a couple of the 8 channel amps i ran in a 325 i for a while.
a/d/s plate amps were killer. Ohh and dont ever feel bad about using old school stuff! Compared to a lot of junk that is produced today a lot of that top quality old stuff still cant be beat!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
sundownz said:
I need to make a 5-channel eh?
Good evening Jacob!
Yes you do, then you can have one on the list above!! Or a nice 6 channel so that I can run my 3 way that I'll install with my new kicks that I'm going to win in the raffle! haha

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I would like to see an amp that can run 2 sets of comps active and push 1000 RMS mono. Yes, a bad *** 9 channel. And keeping it under 12" long would be nice too. ;) I had an Opti6200 back in the day and it was the ****. Though the internal jumpers and the fact the amp had to be upside down to wire did make the install a bit more work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts