Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What upz

I went to know has any one put a By-Pass Filter System from AMSOIL on the TITAN. I would like feed back on this. is the system a good idea to do and what beanfats do i get out of it.

I have a 2004 Nissan Titan 4WD

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ummm...spending more money on additional filters is about all I see you will get from it. Unless you really have a hard time reaching the existing oil filter and operate your truck commercially or in severely dusty conditions I don't see a benefit. I'd just cross reference your existing oil filter and find one that is a bit larger that will fit in place of the OEM filter.

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I run synthetics and do oil analysis but I cannot comment on this. The UAO's on Titans I have seen are excellant from a wear metal standpoint, say, compared to the domestic gas trucks though they seem to chew up the active additives (if your familiar with TBN). It has been postulated that the chain driven DOHC are responsible for this.

Personally, I can buy a lot of oil for the cost of a bypass system, but it's your investment. To be fair, 3K OCI's are probably 10-15 years (or more) behind the times. The quick lube places like them though.

If your not familiar with this site I would recomend checking out the Oil Forums here. These guys are all over this stuff (bypass filtration systems).

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts