Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been some talk lately about the AMSOIL Single-Remote Bypass System. Mostly if it will fit on the Nissan Titan XD with the Cummins 5.0L diesel engine or not. Currently, AMSOIL does not have a specific part number for the Nissans. That said however, they have part number BMK34 for the Cummins 5.9 / 6.7 L diesel Ram engines. I figured I'd look into it and I can tell you that part number BMK34 will work on the Nissan Titan XD with the 5.0L Cummins.

The AMSOIL Single-Remote Bypass System works in conjunction with the OEM oil filter by continuously drawing 10% of the oil being moved through the system into the bypass filter, trapping over 90% of all physical contaminants down to 2 microns and up to 40% of the soot from your oil. When combined with AMSOIL EaOXX full flow oil filter and the Maxx Duty Synthetic Diesel oil 5W-40 , the AMSOIL Single-Remote Bypass System dramatically improves the life of your oil, allowing you to increases your drain intervals if you so choose. It is highly recommended if you are doing extended drain intervals to do Oil Analysis to determine the life of your oil.

How does it connect to your truck you ask? First, the Cummins 5.9/ 6.7L uses the same oil fill cap as the Nissan Titan XD 5.0L Cummins. The intake for the AMSOIL Single-Remote Bypass System threads into the top of the oil filter mounting section on the engine and the return dumps into the oil filler cap.

Synthetic Motorsports is has been an AMSOIL Dealer for over 9 years. If we can be of assistance with AMSOIL products for your Titan or other vehicle, please contact myself or @mrmanners.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
So often we get asked, will extending my drain intervals or simply using AMSOIL products void my warranty. The most direct answer is no. In fact in some cases it violated Federal Law. I have been an AMSOIL Direct Jobber for over 9 years and I have yet to get a customer calling me to say so n so dealership is voiding my warranty because I chose to run AMSOIL.

AMSOIL gets these quesions so often they have added them to their Frequently Asked Questions list.

In trying to help educate everyone about AMSOIL products here are three that we get most:

1. Will extending oil change intervals void new vehicle warranties?

No. Extending oil change intervals will not void new vehicle warranties. To affect the vehicle warranty, it must be determined that the lubricant was directly responsible for the failure; if the oil didn’t cause the problem, the warranty cannot be voided, regardless of brand or length of time in use.

2. Can using AMSOIL synthetic motor oil in new vehicles or powersports equipment void the manufacturer warranty?

Absolutely not. Vehicle and equipment manufacturers recommend using motor oils meeting certain viscosity grades and service requirements. The manufacturer is required to cover all equipment failures it would normally cover as long as the oil satisfies the requirements and was not the cause of the failure. AMSOIL motor oils meet or exceed these requirements. Even so, AMSOIL has its own limited warranty, protecting you even further. In addition, the federally mandated Magnuson-Moss Act states that a manufacturer may not require the use of a specific brand of aftermarket product unless it’s provided free of charge.

Note: If a dealership, service center or other business states using AMSOIL synthetic motor oil will void your manufacturer warranty, ask for that statement in writing and get it to us and we will inform AMSOIL about this and they will inturn send a letter to that dealership letting them know they are in violation of Federal law.

3. How does using AMSOIL synthetic motor oil affect new vehicle warranties?

Using AMSOIL synthetic motor oil has no affect on vehicle warranties. A federal law called the Magnuson-Moss Act (1975) prevents original equipment manufacturers from putting conditions on vehicle warranties attached to any product or service identified by brand, trade or corporate name, unless the manufacturer provides that product or service free of charge. This means consumers have the freedom to use aftermarket products of their choice without fear of losing the original limited or implied vehicle warranty.

The bottom line is, if you are concerned about soot, an AMSOIL Single-Remote Bypass System for your Nissan is going to help reduce up to 40% of it from your oil and motor. And Nissan CANNNOT void your warranty for improving filtration.

We have many customers in other diesels like the Chevy Duramax for example, who have been running the AMSOIL Dual-Remote Bypass System for years and many of them don't run extended drain intervals past 1 year or 25k. They have chosen to drop their oil and filter once a year. They chose the setup to help keep their oil and engine the cleanest they possibly can.

If you chose to use an AMSOIL oil and filter combination, know that they meet or exceed manufacturers and API requirements. Speaking specifically about filtration, Ea Oil Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7 percent at 20 microns, while competitive filters demonstrate efficiencies as low as 51 percent.

If @Alvad87 or myself can be of further assistance with any of your questions, please let us know. The more informed everyone is about aftermarket products they are considering, the more educated decisions you can make for using them.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts