Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
I really don't understand the whole thing. We have gone over it time and again. How many people in this country do the right thing during the national anthem at a ball game? Maybe 30% of the people? The rest are scratching their asses, moving around, talking, drinking beer, singing along. Hell, I have been told I don't do it right, I was taught to stand at attention, so thats what I do.

What exactly do you think happened at the Dem Convention? Do you think that they had a flag burning followed by a ceremonial trash trowing of the tiny made in china flag pins? What the hell are people supposed to do with them? Keep the tiny piece of plastic just because its colored red white and blue? Helo, its not a flag, its a flag pin. Seriously.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I really don't understand the whole thing. We have gone over it time and again. How many people in this country do the right thing during the national anthem at a ball game? Maybe 30% of the people? The rest are scratching their asses, moving around, talking, drinking beer, singing along. Hell, I have been told I don't do it right, I was taught to stand at attention, so thats what I do.

What exactly do you think happened at the Dem Convention? Do you think that they had a flag burning followed by a ceremonial trash trowing of the tiny made in china flag pins? What the hell are people supposed to do with them? Keep the tiny piece of plastic just because its colored red white and blue? Helo, its not a flag, its a flag pin. Seriously.
Those 70% of the people are not running for president.

Show me where obama ever went out of his way to show some respect for the flag. He seems to go out of his way to show disrespect for it.

Do you know what became of the flags, (not flag pins) that were thrown in a dumpster by the obama campaign? (still doesn't look spelled right, ahhhh)

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
I don't know of any flags thrown away, I only know of the flag pins of which you constantly have spoken of. You didn't answer the question though. What are they supposed to do with them?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Look Ma, no flag either......

Who really cares??

Is it really important?

No! is your answer!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I don't know of any flags thrown away, I only know of the flag pins of which you constantly have spoken of. You didn't answer the question though. What are they supposed to do with them?
Recycle the, or dispose of them the way the flag is supposed to be disposed of, or not use them.

It was flags, not flag pins, and I never said they were flag pins. Show me where I said flag pins where thrown away. I bet you can't.

American flags dumped in trash bags in and piled next to dumpsters The end of elite liberal media empires and rise of citizen journalism

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
F**king terrorist!
Actually he fits the definition pretty well. He is using people fear of the economy to turn this country iinto something that fits his ideological goal.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] There is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.[2][3] Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants. Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Actually he fits the definition pretty well. He is using people fear of the economy to turn this country iinto something that fits his ideological goal.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] There is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.[2][3] Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants. Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war.
That's not a stretch at all. Very good point.

The whole bad economy thing is made up anyway. I mean, I have still have my job how about you?

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
That's not a stretch at all. Very good point.

The whole bad economy thing is made up anyway. I mean, I have still have my job how about you?
Like I have said in the past, if people are half arse smart with their money they will still be doing fine regardless of the economy. Don't over extend and live within your means. Everyone I know personally is doing great even in our horrible economy.

How many people do you know that are out of a job and can't get another one?

You really are running out of things to say, I have not seen such weak arse responses from you before.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
All I can say in response to this is this:

Helo, you are going to have a tough time living in this country for the next 8 years under an Obama Presidency and you are going to hate getting up every day knowing that there is jack $hit you can do about it.

Of course if the whole thing turns around in the next week and the other idiot wins, it will be me that hates getting up each day.

At least at the end of the day we can agree to disagree and still be friends.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts

Helo, you are going to have a tough time living in this country for the next 8 years under an Obama Presidency and you are going to hate getting up every day knowing that there is jack $hit you can do about it.

Of course if the whole thing turns around in the next week and the other idiot wins, it will be me that hates getting up each day.

No doubt, and well said. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Like I have said in the past, if people are half arse smart with their money they will still be doing fine regardless of the economy. Don't over extend and live within your means. Everyone I know personally is doing great even in our horrible economy.

How many people do you know that are out of a job and can't get another one?

You really are running out of things to say, I have not seen such weak arse responses from you before.
I'm busy today... don't worry my smarta$$ remarks will be back in tip top shape in no time.

We haven't seen the brunt of the recession yet. Trust me, it's coming. My parents have lost about 30% of their investments/retirement and my padre is planning to work another 10 years now(although he's a workaholic and is probably just loving that he has an excuse). Government revenues are in sharp decline, and we're reducing our workforce by 10% and will be raising tuition as well. With loans in short supply, looks like only the rich will get to be educated... :). I'm not too worried about my job, but I'm lucky.

The trickling is beginning... just because you haven't felt the brunt of the economic problems doesn't mean they're not real. And to say so, is just being stupid.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
By the way the "Well Im doing just fine screw everyone else" mentality is part of what got us into this mess. Im not advocating communism, but ignoring a problem because it hasn't effected you yet is extremely ignorant. Ignore it long enough, not only will it effect you, but by the time it gets to you, it will be unstoppable.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
By the way the "Well Im doing just fine screw everyone else" mentality is part of what got us into this mess. Im not advocating communism, but ignoring a problem because it hasn't effected you yet is extremely ignorant. Ignore it long enough, not only will it effect you, but by the time it gets to you, it will be unstoppable.
No, I have guns. [thought I'd save Helo the trouble of responding]

·
Registered
9,528 Posts

And helo, you and I can agree to use eachother for target practice. Considering I only have an airsoft and paintball gun, I might be in trouble.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I'm busy today... don't worry my smarta$$ remarks will be back in tip top shape in no time.

We haven't seen the brunt of the recession yet. Trust me, it's coming. My parents have lost about 30% of their investments/retirement and my padre is planning to work another 10 years now(although he's a workaholic and is probably just loving that he has an excuse). Government revenues are in sharp decline, and we're reducing our workforce by 10% and will be raising tuition as well. With loans in short supply, looks like only the rich will get to be educated... :). I'm not too worried about my job, but I'm lucky.

The trickling is beginning... just because you haven't felt the brunt of the economic problems doesn't mean they're not real. And to say so, is just being stupid.
Man you are making me laugh today.

I lost about 45% of my investments in the stock market, but my other investments are fine. I am no where near retirment, so I haven't lost anything, the market will recover. Anyone near retirement age should not have their money in risky investments. They should have their money in the savings funds.

But I still ask you do you know anyone that wants to work but can't because they can't find a job? If the answer is no, then who is telling us the economy is in such horrible shape. Just because the stock market is down does not mean the entire economy is going to crash.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
The strong survive. I will make it just fine, I promise that even if things get rough, it isn't anything I worry about.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Man you are making me laugh today.

I lost about 45% of my investments in the stock market, but my other investments are fine. I am no where near retirment, so I haven't lost anything, the market will recover. Anyone near retirement age should not have their money in risky investments. They should have their money in the savings funds.

But I still ask you do you know anyone that wants to work but can't because they can't find a job? If the answer is no, then who is telling us the economy is in such horrible shape. Just because the stock market is down does not mean the entire economy is going to crash.
What are your "other investments"?

My parents aren't close enough to retirement to have moved their money into money market accounts. And bonds have got nailed too.

Again, the recession is just starting, unemployment is coming. Just be patient.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
No, I have guns. [thought I'd save Helo the trouble of responding]
That is only a small part of it, I have the ability and the knowledge to live without any outside help. I really want all those on wellfare to not have any money and let them try to survive. Even if it means it getting rough for me as well. We need to get back to the basics in life.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts