Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope I'm posting this in the right section. I've been wanting a Titan since they came out in '04, just hasn't been in the cards, until now!

Saturday I picked up a brand new 2010 Crew Cab PRO-4X. Smoke color with the PRO-4X Premium Utility package and the PRO-4X Luxury package. Dealer was willing to deal, since it was their last 2010, and it was the just about the last day of the month :thumbsup: Only 3 days into ownership and I love this truck!! I don't plan to go too crazy with the mods, but that will probably change over time. I do a lot of camping, hunting and fishing trips, so it will get a chance to show me what it can do. I'll post up some pictures once I snap a few.

Live in the suburbs of Denver if anyone else is around the area.

Things on my short list to do:
Tint the front windows to match the rest of the truck
Need a topper- as this is where the dog rides and sleeps on camping trips. Looking at the canvas type, as I think it would be nice to easily remove/fold it up. Anyone have one or any input on these?
Debating CAI or just adding a K&N filter, any thoughts?
Would love to add an exhaust system, but not sure it's in the budget at the time...

Great forum here, been reading up for the past few weeks while I was looking for my Titan. Looking forward to getting to know you guys/gals...

Aaron

·
Registered
501 Posts
congrats! just get ready to drop more $ than you planned on the mods

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I searched the forum on the muffler swap, and ended up on the Flowmaster website. They only list two mufflers for this model- the Super 50 series and the 70 series, yet I saw other Flowmaster products mentioned on the forum, am I missing something? I doubt it would, but would a muffler swap have any impact on my warranty? I'll keep searching around for more info...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Thanks guys. I searched the forum on the muffler swap, and ended up on the Flowmaster website. They only list two mufflers for this model- the Super 50 series and the 70 series, yet I saw other Flowmaster products mentioned on the forum, am I missing something? I doubt it would, but would a muffler swap have any impact on my warranty? I'll keep searching around for more info...
I have a magnaflow and it should not void warranty unless you mess with the cats which you wont.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Once you start modding, its hard to stop.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Welcome to TT, enjoy your new Titan. Great color choice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
as for the topper, I have the Extang Trifecta cover, which is a 3-piece folding canvas cover. I've been very happy with it. Had it for over 3 years now and it still is in good shape. One kinda cool thing is that it clamps to your utilitrack (if you have that) which makes for easy install/uninstall if you need the entire bed. It also allows you to lock your tailgate and not be able to open the cover since the latches are inside the bed. Now I'm not saying it's secure or anything as a simple utility knife would have someone inside the bed in seconds, but it's a good cover. I got mine for $300 from Amazon.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Welcome! I did the muffler swap with a flowmaster 50 series, dual in, single out. sounds pretty nice, its quieter than say a banks. but outside its decently loud, nice and smooth too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as for the topper, I have the Extang Trifecta cover, which is a 3-piece folding canvas cover. I've been very happy with it. Had it for over 3 years now and it still is in good shape. One kinda cool thing is that it clamps to your utilitrack (if you have that) which makes for easy install/uninstall if you need the entire bed. It also allows you to lock your tailgate and not be able to open the cover since the latches are inside the bed. Now I'm not saying it's secure or anything as a simple utility knife would have someone inside the bed in seconds, but it's a good cover. I got mine for $300 from Amazon.
Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a topper vs a tonneau cover. Something similar to this:

Bestop Supertop for Trucks. Bestop 76301 76302 76306

Welcome! I did the muffler swap with a flowmaster 50 series, dual in, single out. sounds pretty nice, its quieter than say a banks. but outside its decently loud, nice and smooth too.
Thanks for the info, that sounds like a good alternative to the cat back systems. Were you able to do the swap yourself? Can't imagine theres all that much to it...

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Thanks for the info, that sounds like a good alternative to the cat back systems. Were you able to do the swap yourself? Can't imagine theres all that much to it...
I had a muffler shop do it. I would rather have it all welded as opposed to clamped. it was 230 otd.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome from another new Titan owner. I picked up your truck's younger twin about two weeks ago. We love ours. :)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. I have a Magna Flow 22' dual in dual out and love it. Also picked up another InSys USA CAI pretty cheap on Ebay, $73 shipped.

·
Registered
256 Posts
CO camper,

I'm on my second Titan and love it. What dealer did you get your Titan from?

As far as a canvas topper goes softopper.com is the best and they are in Boulder.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey bud I have a lifetime power train warranty on my titan and asked my dealer about exhaust before I went flowmaster. They said since it was something that was aftermarket past the motor and cats and other nissan equipment there was no way to harm the drivetrain from a catback so it would be fine. Now the CAI is a different story he said only nismo wouldn't interfer...Go figure:ftard:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CO camper,

I'm on my second Titan and love it. What dealer did you get your Titan from?

As far as a canvas topper goes softopper.com is the best and they are in Boulder.
Bought it from Larry Miller Nissan, overall a good experience. I've been looking at softopper.com, and like the fact they are a local company.

Welcome! I second the softtopper, for the choice of a canvass collapsable camper... Besttop (Chinese made reptoductions), but it also looks good... as for your air filter, you could always do the "Air Box Mod " with the drop in K&N filter...
Thanks for the welcome and info, I'll do some searching.

Hey bud I have a lifetime power train warranty on my titan and asked my dealer about exhaust before I went flowmaster. They said since it was something that was aftermarket past the motor and cats and other nissan equipment there was no way to harm the drivetrain from a catback so it would be fine. Now the CAI is a different story he said only nismo wouldn't interfer...Go figure:ftard:
Good to know, I'll check with the dealer before I do anything too crazy!!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, it's about the only thing warm around here, -16 when I fired the T up this morning!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well that didn't take long!!! Day 5 of ownership and the first mod is on, granted a minor one, just had the fronts tinted to match the rest of the truck. Light meter showed 23% on the factory tint, I had him put 30% on the fronts, it metered at 24% once on. Also had him add the front windshield strip. Looks nice. I'll post up some pictures in a little while.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts