Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting something a little different today, so I got some self etching primer and a can of bed liner and coated my Grill and side steps.

I like the way they came out, next project will be bed lined bumpers front and rear. I will probably do the skid plate tomorrow since am changing my oil.

Before:

removed the grip tape from the side steps

After:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
looks great. How did you mount your lights behind the grill? Did you have to fab a bracket?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I fabbed up a bracket that bolted to existing mounts. I am also going to add 3 lights into the lower grill probably next weekend.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
ohhh you ppl and your bedliner! i may have to just quit titantalk for a while.. youre killin me! lmao

·
Registered
605 Posts
Liked it better chrome... not sure why everyone on here likes to cover everything with bedliner.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Liked it better chrome... not sure why everyone on here likes to cover everything with bedliner.
THANK YOU! glad someone agreeees with me!!!

*not saying you shouldnt do what you want! lol just my opinion... and im female so i have to make it known =)

·
Registered
605 Posts
^ Says the girl standing next to a truck with the front end covered in bedliner ;)

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong, is that all paint?

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
lmao, no it was bedliner.. which i regret EVERRRR doing, and ive made it a point to point it out.. id NEVER do it again... biggest waste of 300 bucks EVERRRRR...(had to buy like 6 cans plus i paid someone 200 bucks to do the front end, mirrors, grill mod, handles, and back bumper)

i liked the bedliner look for like.. a whole week...

·
Registered
344 Posts

*not saying you shouldnt do what you want! lol just my opinion... and im female so i have to make it known =)
i agree w/ u. im not a fan of bedlining everything. im gonna do my wiper cowl and the bed rail caps but thats it
i do like the lights in the grill and the steps though

·
Registered
801 Posts
looks good man. Im not a fan of chrome though

·
Registered
84 Posts
looks good man..... Good work

·
Registered
928 Posts

Something about men and a can of bedliner and time.. I got the bedliner itch as well and did a few things on my truck... but like they say to each his own.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thats why its called "modding"...just saying.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like it. Did you sand it down or scuff it up at all? Or did you just prime and go?
scuffed it with steal wool and then used self etching primer. I honestly don't think the scuffing is needed if a good self etching primer is used though

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
it's normal that you get a couple of chips, maybe this weekend hit it again with a couple of coats. no need to pull the grille apart, just spray the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im going to do the door handles this weekend, just a light coating for color and a little texture. Also getting my new muffler installed saturday if you buddy can get me in.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
don't forget the dual resonated tips. believe me, and everyone else...it makes a huge difference. smooths it out big time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts