Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought an 06 titan se 4x4 back in 06. now has 67000 miles on it and i'm just about to witts end with this piece of s h i t.

first it was my heat, which to this day doesn't work properly.
then it was my seats falling apart, which it has now done again.
driver side seat buckle does not release properly.
steering wheel falling apart @ 20,000 miles.
rear end blew up @ 20,000 miles.
front drive shaft gone @ 45,000 miles.
front brake rotors warped @ 30,000 miles.
now @ 67000 my front differentail is blown.

not to mention the s h i t ty goodyear tires that they come with only made it 22,000 miles.

now if this was only happening to my truck i could say that i got a bad one, but my friend has an 05 in the same trim and his is almost to the T the same as mine. rear end and drive shafts blew at the same mileage and his rotors made it a whole 15,000 miles before they needed to be replaced. i told him about my front dif and he is going to go have it looked at today.

anyone else just totally frustrated about these trucks? you pay thru the nose for these things and they can't even make it a week without them falling apart.

i will never buy another Nissan vehicle again. my girls 05 altima 3.5 is just as bad. the starter fell out of that thing one day and i couln't get it started. i'm done with this company and thier sub par products.

end of rant.

thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Interesting.
My squaw drives a 3.5 Altima and it's absolutely bulletproof.

My Titan has had a few issues, but nothing compared to the Chevy and Ford products I had before it.

Sorry for the bad luck.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm going back to the chevy and ford products that never had anything like this. like i said i know its not just mine cuz my buddy has the same exact problems at the same exact mileage.

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
i have an 04 with 33k and am still happy with the truck, completely.

Nissan has fixed everything I've asked them too and done all the TSB without issue.

ok ok, my steering wheel is a little worn and my passenger's seat back popped off and won't stay on any longer... the good news, nissan will fix it for free.

are you beating the hell out of your truck or something? doesn't seem like normal wear and tear?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you must be driving a dodge not a Titan
well if i was driving the next gen titan i would say that. i have seen less problems with dodges than my POS.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
i'm going back to the chevy and ford products that never had anything like this. like i said i know its not just mine cuz my buddy has the same exact problems at the same exact mileage.
Enjoy the Ford or Chevy.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh and i forgot about the recall i had done last week.

i will enjoy the other makes, at least those aren't made of legos.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bye, Bye :hi:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wow, I have 92k on my 04 Titan and she still runs great. What a craappy run of luck. Good luck with the Ford/Dodge/Chevy! :bangit:

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
You know that Nissan programs our trucks to brake don't you??? You need to go to the dealer and get the service guy to hack your computer. Most do this free for nice customers. I imagine this is going to cost you major$$$

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Really??

I traded in a POS Silverado for my Titan!!

It had only 22,000 miles on it, and it was squeking me to death, and ran like schit!!

Had no power, and got crappy MPG's!!!

I have had a few issues with my Titan, but not until the miles started to roll up....

Every fix has been just as cheap or cheaper, than the fixes on my old Silverado!!

Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
You know that Nissan programs our trucks to brake don't you??? You need to go to the dealer and get the service guy to hack your computer. Most do this free for nice customers. I imagine this is going to cost you major$$$

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I am the second owner on my 05 Titan with 45k on it and (knock on wood) I have not had a single bit of trouble with it. I love this truck and I treat it like a child. It really sounds like you are rough on your vehicles and so is your buddy. My dad told me that a vehicle is the most expensive piece of furniture you will ever own, and you should treat it as such. I am sorry for your run of bad luck, but there are too many people on here that have great experiences with our trucks for me to believe that it is anything but an isolated problem.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I am the second owner on my 05 Titan with 45k on it and (knock on wood) I have not had a single bit of trouble with it. I love this truck and I treat it like a child. It really sounds like you are rough on your vehicles and so is your buddy. My dad told me that a vehicle is the most expensive piece of furniture you will ever own, and you should treat it as such. I am sorry for your run of bad luck, but there are too many people on here that have great experiences with our trucks for me to believe that it is anything but an isolated problem.
Apparently you have been blocking out the sticky threads on blown rear and front diffs. I loved my Titan too until I got stuck in the snow with no 4wd due to a blown front diff. My truck is pampered and I had most of the same problems as the OP. I'd take poor mpg, a few squeaks and rattles or a little less power over a drivetrain that just seems to have leaks or issues way more frequently than the competitions. 69k miles and I know my service department far to well for stuff other than routine maintenance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my experience, the **** started falling apart at the end of warranty, so that extended warranty that sounded way overpriced may have turned out to be a bargain.

I won't buy another Nissan after this experience.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts