Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this annoying front end squeak about 8-9 months. It does it when shutting the door or kicking the tire. I have lubed this and tightened that and finally got use to it. Then today pulling up to the guard gate the guard says I always know when its you because I hear you squeaking up.HAHAHAHHAHA ( I am think FU buddy)

So I got home and went searching again. I had my kid kick the tire while I went searching and finally narrowed it down to under the hood. Popped the hood, kick tire and no squeak. Hmmm close the hood and squeak. Pop the hood and good looking for loose hinges and then I spotted the worn down rubber hood stops. I turned the out a full turn, closed the hood, kicked the tires and no more squeak. Never in my life have I had to adjust the hood stops just because they needed adjusted.

So if you got an annoying front end squeak, check the hood stops!!!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Good find!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thank you so much!!!! I have been annoyed by the same sound for several weeks!!

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
My 05 does that to while hitting bumps. I put greese on the hood stops but it still did it. Sounds like its coming from the firewall or under the hood. I my try to adjust the stops and see if that works.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah I had to put grease my latch too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Had this same issue, but my ******* way of fixing it was to wrap electrical tape around the hood latch a few times. :lol: serves the same purpose. Time to go adjust some stops....

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had this same issue, but my ******* way of fixing it was to wrap electrical tape around the hood latch a few times. :lol: serves the same purpose. Time to go adjust some stops....
In many ways electrical tape is just as good as duct tape:ftard:

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I had the same annoying issue too, took me awhile to find it. Yes its the hood latch, a few adjustments and its gone!!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Full day of no squeaking!! I haven't looked at the hood latch yet. Maybe giving the stops a full turn put enough pressure on the latch to keep it from squeaking.

·
Premium Member
21,292 Posts
I had the same annoying issue too, took me awhile to find it. Yes its the hood latch, a few adjustments and its gone!!
How do you adjust the hood latch? I've looked at it before when it was suggested that the latch could be the source of noise but I didn't see how it could be adjusted. If I press on the hood I do get a squeak but when driving the bumps would have to be pretty severe to make the same noise.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
the hood latch doesnt adjust , just the rubber stops

·
Premium Member
21,292 Posts
the hood latch doesnt adjust , just the rubber stops
Good deal. Thanks for the confirmation. I would have been out there for hours and would have broken something the longer I was poking around trying to figure out how to adjust it. :)

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Mine did that 3 months ago right after I went out wheelin'. Never knew exactly what was causing it, I just sprayed the sh*t out of the driver side latch and it disappeared. Good find! :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
mine did that too! my rubber stops wouldn't adjust up high enough so i had to stick some foam weather stripping pieces on top of the stops... been working like that for over a year!...

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Mine did the same thing after the body shop fixed my deer collision. Took me several weeks to figure it out. I found it one night by lightly hitting the hood with my fist. I turned the hoods stops out and BAM.......no more annoying squeak!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have had this annoying front end squeak about 8-9 months. It does it when shutting the door or kicking the tire. I have lubed this and tightened that and finally got use to it. Then today pulling up to the guard gate the guard says I always know when its you because I hear you squeaking up.HAHAHAHHAHA ( I am think FU buddy)

So I got home and went searching again. I had my kid kick the tire while I went searching and finally narrowed it down to under the hood. Popped the hood, kick tire and no squeak. Hmmm close the hood and squeak. Pop the hood and good looking for loose hinges and then I spotted the worn down rubber hood stops. I turned the out a full turn, closed the hood, kicked the tires and no more squeak. Never in my life have I had to adjust the hood stops just because they needed adjusted.

So if you got an annoying front end squeak, check the hood stops!!!
Success for me, too: I also turned my hood stops out about 1/2 turn & sprayed a dab of silicone lube on each flat. Also sprayed the hood latch just in case. It seems my squeak is gone :eyebrow:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going to have to try this on mine. Everytime I go over a bump with my window down I hear a squeak. I thought it was suspension related.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I'm going to have to try this too. Started like 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Success for me, too: I also turned my hood stops out about 1/2 turn & sprayed a dab of silicone lube on each flat. Also sprayed the hood latch just in case. It seems my squeak is gone :eyebrow:
I may have to retract my success story - Squeak was back this morning. I'll try adjusting the stops out a little further & report back.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts