Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I have been chasing that squeak for almost 2 years now! Adjusted the hood stops, and the noise is GONE!!! Thanks. I didn't have to adjust it much, maybe a turn apiece.
That's good!!

The only squeak I have now is the leaf spring guides, those little POS plastic guides at the rear of the springs. I replaced them with new improved ones 4 years ago and they are shot again, 100K miles later. I give em a shot of super creeping lube once a month and they stay quite.

Thank God for this forum. I have been going Fn' crazy trying to find a solution to this problem. You know how hard it is to to look good with a nice truck and when you pass by you sound like a $2 bycicle that needs oil? I sprayed it, greased it, spit on it and used graphite powder. That stops the squeeze for about a day. I almost tried to adjust the rubber stops but mine felt so brittle I didn't want to break it and cause another issue. Well at this point of sesperation, I'm ready to try it thanks for the info felas.

Just wanted to add that I am another who chased an annoying squeak in the front end of my 2005 Titan. Thought at first that it might be a loose bed that had been removed for body repair..... nope. thought maybe it was in the front suspension which led me to finding and replacing bad drivers side wheel bearing.....squeak was still there. Searched this forum tracked the squeak down to the two rubber hood stop bumpers. Cleaned surfaces, lubed surfaces with silicon grease, adjusted down a little bit so the hood holds tension on them and the squeak is gone and I am very happy with truck again!!!! that damn squeak was making me absolutely Crazy!!!!!

Just wanted to comment to say THANK YOU OP! I recently bought a '21 XD Pro-4x and that squeak I couldn't find was driving me insane. Was ready to turn the truck in for something else cause I couldn't figure out. I heard the squeak when I was driving, shutting my door EVERYTHING. This fixed it right away.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts