Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck: '07 LE Off Road and Big Tow packages with 64k miles.

Over the past few weeks I have been noticing an annoying rattle/clunking noise in my front end. Took it to the dealer and they replaced one of the hubs; seemed to have cured it for a couple of days then I started noticing the same thing on the other side. Took it back in and they replaced the other one. (Thankfully, both were under warranty). I still notice a slight rattle/clunking when driving around town, not on highway. What else could be causing this?

BTW, it does have a leveling kit installed.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Is it happening during suspension modulation?

If so...

Could be the sway bar bushings. There's a TSB on the issue (NTB10-072 - available for download at nissanhelp.com), that I'm getting ready to do myself in the next few days. It's was something like $7.50 for the pair from my dealer.

Could also be blown front shocks.

Reactions: tntshaffer

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it happening during suspension modulation?

If so...

Could be the sway bar bushings. There's a TSB on the issue (NTB10-072 - available for download at nissanhelp.com), that I'm getting ready to do myself in the next few days. It's was something like $7.50 for the pair from my dealer.

Could also be blown front shocks.
Yeah, a buddy of mine mentioned the bushings as well, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I fought with my 08 for the longest time and finally just replaced the front shocks and no more clunk. When I took them off and dropped them on the floor they bounced(without the spring) which they should NOT do. The oem shocks are crap. I have a feeling the rancho's on my 2010 are junk already as well as I've been getting some noise and don't even have the swaybar on the truck. I say replace the shocks. If nothing else you will at the very least gain some handling back in the truck.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fought with my 08 for the longest time and finally just replaced the front shocks and no more clunk. When I took them off and dropped them on the floor they bounced(without the spring) which they should NOT do. The oem shocks are crap. I have a feeling the rancho's on my 2010 are junk already as well as I've been getting some noise and don't even have the swaybar on the truck. I say replace the shocks. If nothing else you will at the very least gain some handling back in the truck.
Thanks, that'll be next step if the new bushings don't do the trick.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replaced bushings today, and got rid of louder clunking noise, but still a slight noise when going over bumps. Next month will be replacing the shocks with Bilstein 5100s, hopefully that'll do it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replaced all 4 shocks with Bilstein 5100s today, wow, what a difference! No more clunk/rattle noise and it handles way better than when I bought it! Kept the front struts at 0 since I didn't want to risk the CB hitting and causing another rattle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts