Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using the #2016Titan hashtag, I managed to find out that O'Regan's Nissan in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada had a Titan in their showroom!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The entire 2016 section of this message board is one big cesspool of subjective negativity.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Go look at the gap on the current Titan. All trucks have them. Unless you want your bumper rubbing the body work on a rough road or off road. Some of it is also camera angle.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The entire 2016 section of this message board is one big cesspool of subjective negativity.
In all fairness, a lot of guys here are on their 2nd and 3rd Titan's. Myself included. We know our trucks "well" and know what we like, dislike and what works. I say its more of "critiquing" the new design vs negativity.:big_grin: I'm looking forward to the new design too. I also realize it's not going to suit me 110% either.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In all fairness, a lot of guys here are on their 2nd and 3rd Titan's. Myself included. We know our trucks "well" and know what we like, dislike and what works. I say its more of "critiquing" the new design vs negativity.:big_grin: I'm looking forward to the new design too. I also realize it's not going to suit me 110% either.
Yup.

Critiquing is important especially as others point out things some of us may not otherwise notice.

Then there's experience with the brand which those members on their 2nd or 3rd titans provide some great feedback on.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
when a manufacturer spends 10 years on one truck you would expect something great. The xd probably performs great, it just looks meh to most people.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Except all we've seen from Nissan is the XD which is NOT the Titan replacement that everyone seems to be assuming it is. This is like Ford releasing the Raptor before the mainstream F150 and everyone saying they hate the new F150...its not the same truck. The XD is a new truck filling a tweener gap that I think will appeal to a group of mid-level towing and hauling enthusiasts, so bravo to Nissan for going after this market. But, the "new model hate" happens on every message board when a new model is released. Then, when it hits the showroom people buy it in spades.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
when a manufacturer spends 10 years on one truck you would expect something great. The xd probably performs great, it just looks meh to most people.
They didn't spend 10 years on it. Remember? 3-4 years ago it was going to be a rebadged RAM. That is why it is so delayed. FWIW I think the wait is worth it so far. If they went RAM rebadge there would be no XD with a Cummins and likely no VK gasser. It would be a RAM with a Nissan body.

To be honest, the current Titan looks "meh" to most people. Look around the forum and see how many owners left them bone stock. LOL

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
They didn't spend 10 years on it. Remember? 3-4 years ago it was going to be a rebadged RAM. That is why it is so delayed. FWIW I think the wait is worth it so far. If they went RAM rebadge there would be no XD with a Cummins and likely no VK gasser. It would be a RAM with a Nissan body.

To be honest, the current Titan looks "meh" to most people. Look around the forum and see how many owners left them bone stock. LOL
10 years on the current truck.

stock titan does look very meh, true. it also performs poorly other then the motor and the transmission.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well, when we actually see a replacement (non-XD) for the 11 year old Titan then we can discuss. I think you'll see less bloated front fenders, but a lot of the same design language otherwise. The XD is a compelling truck and look forward to seeing one in person. I don't walk away from my Titan and turn back to get a good look at it like I do with my car, but peculiar styling on the current Titan stop me from buying one. I mean its a truck whose primary function is utility.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finding out who designed it made their whole direction on design make sense being that it's disappointing.

What they should have done was to gets someone with experience designing successful trucks to get on the team. THAT's how the battle is won.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Finding out who designed it made their whole direction on design make sense being that it's disappointing.

What they should have done was to gets someone with experience designing successful trucks to get on the team. THAT's how the battle is won.
They did. Isn't it Diaz whom they hired away from RAM and oversaw their rebirth in the truck market?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They did. Isn't it Diaz whom they hired away from RAM and oversaw their rebirth in the truck market?
Yeah you're right, completely missed that one.
I guess it can be said that due to the nature of how large corporations like this operate - with dedicated teams to specific things - the 2016 Nissan as we currently know it could turn out getting a more positive response on the grand scheme than it has been getting out of some of us here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah you're right, completely missed that one.
I guess it can be said that due to the nature of how large corporations like this operate - with dedicated teams to specific things - the 2016 Nissan as we currently know it could turn out getting a more positive response on the grand scheme than it has been getting out of some of us here.
Pretty sure that is the goal, move more metal, be a legitimate player in the truck market. Whatever you think of the XD and yet to be released gasser, these trucks will have an impact in the market, for once.

Reactions: James.J

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now to wait and see how they play out the next steps, that is to promote it and make it be known what they have brought to market.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts