Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed small drops of green radiator fluid coming off the skid plate. Noticed all the posts of leaking radiators and see mines leaking at the bottom near the oil cooler spiggott. I just ordered an all aluminum racing radiator for $325. to replace the piece of crap. Thanks to the detailed replacement post I'll try to do it myself next week. Plastic/aluminum radiators - what a bad idea!! The dealer wanted over $1000. bucks to replace it - yikes!!
Hope some Nissan rep reading this takes note of all the complaints here and does the right thing by using all alluminum in the future titans... Little problems nickle and diming you to death = good news for other truck makers..

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,792 Posts
It's something we all can look forward to, I suspect...:(

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Where did you order the alum rad? I know some sites have the csf listed for sale and members on here have ordered it only to find out later they cant ship it out (even though it was listed on the site). Let us know if they actually ship it and where you got it from.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You will not be the first to try to purchase an all-aluminum radiator but I would be quite surprised if you actually receive shipment. The only all all-aluminum radiator that has been successfully purchased and delivered is the Stillen radiator that is currently selling for $419, not $325.

There are many sites that advertise the CSF 3328 all-aluminum racing series radiator but nobody seems to be able to deliver one. Many people have placed orders at Internet websites but I don't know of anyone who actually has received delivery from anyone besides Stillen.

Please let us know if you receive the radiator and the source as this will be useful information for everyone in the Titan community.

Good luck with your order.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I have the Stillen Radiator and am very pleased with it.

Be on the look out for upcoming specials however I bet if you contact Kyle at Stillen, he may be able to do a deal.

I have found that to be true when working with him on other items!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the info

Ordered it from Autoparts warehouse and it is the CSF all Alluminum model. Will let you know if it arrives..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Question: Is this radiator issue still a problem on recent models, or something specific to the first few model years? I know anything can happen to anything at any time, but I am wondering if the radiator design from the first model year is still being used in the 2010/2011 models. Thanks for any insights.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Re: Thanks guys for the info

Ordered it from Autoparts warehouse and it is the CSF all Alluminum model. Will let you know if it arrives..
Autoparts warehouse won't be able to ship you the radiator.

Autopartswarehouse is one of several websites with different names that have the same owner that advertise the CSF all-aluminum radiator. They show the CSF 3328 and you can either place your order online or phone them to place your order. You will wait several weeks wondering what is holding up your delivery only to learn that neither do they stock the part nor can they deliver it. Unless things have changed, you are probably wasting your time while your current radiator may turn into a crisis situation.

There have been at least a half dozen people on Titan forums that have gone through the buying process only to learn that autopartswarehouse.com cannot deliver it. It makes one wonder why they bother to even show the part on their website but that is how it is.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stillen Aluminum racing radiator is a CSF Radiator!! for more $.

After auto parts warehouse couldn't get a CSF Radiator . I ordered from Stillen their performance Aluminum model ...Well a CSF radiator was what was sent to me by Stillen (for about $100. more than others who claim they have them). It's a very nice unit , pretty easy to swap out and so far working just fine. Still less expensive than the cheap Nissan unit ! Perhaps CSF doesn't ship to anyone but Stillen??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Whatever you replace it with go with the Stillen if you plan on keeping it! :) A bad radiator can cost you a transmission if neglected as it did with mine. The cooling lines rotted and sucked antifreeze into the tranny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts