Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I know this topic has been discussed over and over. I just had a few questions of my own. I have a 2006 titan 2wd. (I want to put a long arm kit and put 35s or 37s on her.) I noticed my seal was leaking, so I hopped online to figure out what to do. Since i have to pull the axles I figured why not add a few things.

Ring and Pinion - I want to upgrade from the 2.93 gears and wanted to go upgrade to either the 3.73 or the 4.10s. Any suggestions? What issues does swapping gears cause?( no more cruise control, etc)

Detroit True Trac - Everything I read is that its a great upgrade for the weak carrier. Do i need to pull the bolts and reapply loctight? Red?

Axels - I can't decide if I want to get new Axel shaft. I read that the new titans have bigger shafts, seals and bearings. Can I put the bigger shafts in the 06 axle housing with the better bearings and seal? If so what years can I use? Same spline count?

Seals - obviously I will get new seals for everything. Any suggestions on some good ones?

U joints - I have 209,000 miles on her and figured i should replace them. Looking at the moog super strentght u joint. Has anyone tried these?

While I am here i want to ask about a good lift for the truck. I found the prg mid travel deluxe kit with saws front and back. Any help will be appreciated.

I want to end this with a Thank you for everyone on this site. If it want for them i wojkdnt be able to fix any problems I have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have to buy the bolts with the holes thru them separately? I've never had to wire bolts so what's the process of doing that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts