Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gents help me out. i found this clip on youtube of a T with an h pip secondary cats elim and true dual fm super 40s. i loved it. so i tried it. i went with an x pipe instead of an h pipe and i gutted the cats but didnt eliminate them. my T is not near as loud. What gives?? could the diameter of the open cats be killing my sound?? here is the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRFn9Da7Z44:bangit: ill see if i can get a clip of mine on here pretty quick

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
X-pipe quiets down exhaust tone. That's one of the benefits racecar drivers get from using one. H-pipe = louder but not as much power. X-pipe = mellower but loads of midrange to top end power. And you don't have it placed properly, hence the reason you still have the infamous CIS sound.....rasp/popping. Da*n I do NOT miss that sound!! So glad I got rid of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The video on there is not my truck. it was what i was going for. ill try to get mine on here today. So its the x pipe killing my sound?? but its giving me more power. may have to compromise

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I will say this, Toughtitan is the exhaust expert from what I know about him. He and a bunch of others on here know their chit.

Reactions: Toughtitan08

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
The video on there is not my truck. it was what i was going for. ill try to get mine on here today. So its the x pipe killing my sound?? but its giving me more power. may have to compromise
It isn't giving more power if it is not located in the exhaust system correctly, i.e., in the middle of the vehicle as far forward as you can get without hitting anything. On trucks, this is usually impossible due to packaging issues with the fuel tank being on one side. My truck, and every other LWB Titan do not have this issue as you can run the pipes under the driveshaft and over the safety loop. I haven't been able to get my paws on a SWB truck to see if it may be feasible or not. For applications where you can't run an x-pipe as it should, installing one will yield negligible power gains if any. A properly sized merge y-pipe will work much better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have an 07 cc and the x pipe is located directly under the passenger door. is that in the wrong spot??i will say this all i have done is a kn filter and the airbox mod and i have 35x12.50x18 with about 75% tread on them and i can punch it at 20 and burn them. is that normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts