Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked repeatedly and I've read all the stickies but I STILL have a few questions!

My truck is bone stock and I'm looking into exhaust systems. I am looking for something that isnt going to cost an arm and leg, something that retains that OEM Titan sound but is slightly louder and a little beefier.

Im not looking for some elaborate set-up to boost power (but not lose any) or an exhaust that you can hear from 3 miles away.

Just something subtle and to the point.
Something that says my truck is better; but in a nice way lol

Thanks for any recomendations guys

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
JBA Catback exhaust is a good quality exhaust and it isn't very loud.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
What he said ^

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Jba...............

·
Registered
266 Posts
JBA all the way especially if you do not want to lose torque. It is affordable, adds great power, and is proven by many of us here on and off the track.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input guys!

definately going to look into the JBA system

·
Registered
801 Posts
as said JBA sounds like your answer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i still really don't know too much regarding exhaust systems and was wondering if the JBA Cat4Ward Y Pipe alone would give me what I was looking for or would I need to go with the complete set-up?

·
Registered
182 Posts
As a new owner of a 2006 Titan, I was reading the stickied post that describes the OEM exhaust setup and aftermarket options. In that post it is noted that the Y-pipe is very restrictive for the 04-06 model years and replacing just that and the muffler can have good results.

·
Registered
182 Posts
not sure what the best recommendation is for Y pipe replacement though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Idk, ive asked the same question about the Y-Pipe and still waiting for members on here to respond to it. But I'm just reading up, and looks like I'm going with a flowmaster Y Pipe

·
Registered
266 Posts
not sure what the best recommendation is for Y pipe replacement though.
2004 to 2006 Nissan Titans have a restrictive stock exhaust and there is no question about it. In order to get the best performance you would need a 2.25" y-pipe and a flow through muffler, such as Magnaflow. The 2.25" y-pipe will be good even after you mod your Titan with a tune, headers, etc. If you plan to install cams, you can actually go up to a 2.5" y-pipe because you will be adding a lot more air flow in to the picture. Do NOT EVER go with a 3" y-pipe, such as the one found on Banks, because the pipe is too large for the gases to heat up and expand. It will kill low end power, period.

If you have a 2007 exhaust (if I am not mistaken), simply add a flow through muffler and you will be set.

Hope it helps.

BTW, I have owned three exhausts so far: Banks, Nismo Duals, and now JBA. I love the sound of the Nismos the most, but I require the low end the JBA provided me.

Reactions: SETexasTitan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks a ton everyone. i think for the time being i am going to go with the Cat4Ward Y Pipe and see how that works out. After reading the sticky i picked up that the 2wd model mufflers arent very restrictive compared to the 4wd due to them not having the glass in them....not sure if im correct about that though.

either way, ill update after i have it installed and let you guys know the pros and cons

hopefully this will help someone else!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have an 06 CC 4x4, I juuuussst did my exhaust about 2 weeks ago.

Popped the rear cat's, Magnaflow Y-pipe 2.25/2.5 out, into a Flowmaster 50 series SUV that is dumped. Sounds a little louder then stock - only titan owners would know something is different. Really smoothed out the RPM range, and now when I'm cruising at 33, or 43 it drops to about 1200 rpm and sounds nice.

B-pipe fix - couple bucks in new bolts
MF Y-Pipe - 24.99 + free shipping
FM 50 series - $96 shipped
Welding - $10 rental fee - Exhaust shop wanted $175 to weld up and install everything.

so $121 + how ever much you want to spend to weld up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
^^^ Glad to see all you guys getting your exhausts completed. It changes the way you view your Titan once you get everything done, but the mod bug will never go away. LOL I myself have been looking in to little things here and there, especially cosmetics. I have neglected the exterior of my Titan, so I guess it is time to add a few things such as projector headlamps, Volant tails, and MAYBE some 20's.... The rims are a big maybe, but man does it look nice when I see Titans with rims..... We'll see. If anything, 20" or 22" BOSS 330's black and chrome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts