Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guys I am new to this I been reading for a few days now and haven't found exactly what i am looking for. I got 2010 se cc with 70k and I have been experiencing front diff issues for a few months. I noticed all my fluid leaked out and drive shaft and was popped out. Due to low funds and no mechanical experience I continued to drive the the truck, inquired the issue with the stealers and of course they say whole new diff. After reading I heard of popping it back in so i did that and smooth as butter back in it was. Drove it around the block a few times and still in. My question is will it hold fluid now that it popped back in. My front brakes started to pulsate pretty good and truck had allot of play in the steering but now that it's in seems to have improved besides I'm still getting a wheel bearing grind. Should I replace wheel bearings, and what should be the next step for the front diff? Hoping to get some good advice thanks.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
if you drove it with it dry for a period of time, its probably fried, the front axles move at all times, only lock in when it is in 4wd, they need constant lubrication. The dealership is right, if it leaks, best bet is to replace it because it will leak again. Your going to need a new front diff. Mine was replaced at 36k miles due to a leaking seal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine popped our last winter while in in 4x4. Drove it about 20 miles to a driveline stop. They told me it looked like it went through a meat grinder. Mines a 2004 and the dealer said they wouldn't sell the parts that they were disconnected and I had to buy a whole 08+ front diff. I hope these aren't junk like the first Gen diffs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 2010 the rear end went at 42000 now it's the front people say they have improved I don't see how.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
My front diff started leaking at 38k miles on my 2010. Luckily for me, Nissan installed a new diff under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts