Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Titan CC LE has around 210k miles on it. I am getting this squeak recently. I've searched throughout the forum but still having issues.. It sounded like a brake squeak but I have plenty of pad, no cracks, rotors are good, i took everything apart and greased the calipers and pads again... still squeaking. The shields on the back of the rotor have ample clearance.

I jacked the truck up and got it up to speed to pin point the squeak and it doesn't do it when its lifted up. I also cant bounce the truck or kick it to reproduce the squeak. It only happens when rolling at 20mph+.

https://youtu.be/ayVYeK2tnO8

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
bearings in the hub. bearings in the fan clutch/idlers.

Did you do the hub check? with 210k miles i'd replace both hubs anyways.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was one of the first things I did... but the squeak has gotten worse. Seems louder now when I turn slightly to the right.

I'll check the tire for rocking again... can't hurt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't get any rocking but when pushing on the tire and barely moving it back and forth there is a creaking/squeaking sound coming from the wheel bearing area. I can't tell if its from the CV axle or the wheel bearing for sure - but its that area.

I'm not leaning towards the wheel bearing hub assembly which I changed out in 2013. Probably going to go with the Timken this time instead of the Duralast.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After playing with it more - the noise was from the brake pads moving and making the shims (metal pieces on the caliber bracket) rattle or vibrate. I noticed one of the sliding pins had a bad boot and it was full of rust.

I'm looking for new boots and pins. Gonna grease those up and change the brakes (Autozone lifetime warranty for the win). And see if my problems are solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts