Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to see how many miles other Titan owners are getting per tank. I am not interested in mpg due to possible calculation errors etc. I am not complaining about the gas mileage of my Titan, I am smart enough (arguably) to not expect good gas mileage from a truck. I am most interested in those with 4X4 or the lower gear ratio of the big tow or OR packages, but would like to hear from all Titan owners. Of course, long wheel base Titans have the bigger gas tank, so they will have many more miles per tank. Please list miles from filling tank to approx when the fuel light comes on. I know this is not exactly scientific, but I am curious. My truck sounds like it has a vacuum issue and I would like to know if that may affect gas mileage. My best is 285 miles with 95% interstate driving 70 mph and above. My worst is 225, mostly city driving.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Holy crap dude, lay off your throttle! I get 19-20mpg highway, and 16-17mpg city
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
My average is about 300-330 in the winter and 340-360 in the summer. You would think with the A/C blasting or with the windows down during the summer would get the poorest mileage. Strange...

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
I am still waiting to go through my "first tank" of gas. I just got it used from a dealer last Wednesday. Have about 246 miles with 1/4 tank maybe? We will see later on this week, I'm not driving it right now due to my rims not being on. 6.5" lift on stock wheels FTL.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,858 Posts
My truck just got sitting for an extended period of time ( 6month deployment) I'm getting about 275 in the city till the light hits, I take it much further though after that, normally till about 325 or so, It still only takes about 22 to 23 gallons to top back off, slightly confusing to me, but I can't really complain otherwise.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37,152 Posts
I've been getting about 250-260 miles until the light comes on. I only have 2WD, but I have the BT and obviously the lift. Before the lift I would consistantly get about 280 before the light came on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
I usually put 280-300 miles on before the light comes on. In the winter, since idling and warming wastes a lot of fuel, I tend to stay off the pony pedal pretty much.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I usually put 280-300 miles on before the light comes on. In the winter, since idling and warming wastes a lot of fuel, I tend to stay off the pony pedal pretty much.
You can say that again......warming the truck uses more than one would think. I think it's like 3/4 to 1 gallon per hour? :hungry: Some mornings i get back in after she sits and i think dang did someone drive my truck around the block? :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
BBtruck said:
My average is about 300-330 in the winter and 340-360 in the summer. You would think with the A/C blasting or with the windows down during the summer would get the poorest mileage. Strange...

L
How are you getting 340-360 miles per tank?

The most I have gotten out of her before filling her up was about 320 winter, spring ,summer, and fall, but I put about 24 gallons back into her, so I still had 4 gallons before complete emptiness. Maybe cause I have the BT package.....:rollingsm
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
mjv8507 said:
How are you getting 340-360 miles per tank?

The most I have gotten out of her before filling her up was about 320 winter, spring ,summer, and fall, but I put about 24 gallons back into her, so I still had 4 gallons before complete emptiness. Maybe cause I have the BT package.....:rollingsm
Are you absoultely sure you are filling your's to the maximum? If i just stop where the pump cuts off it's usually a few gallons short because of the filler neck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
That is what I normally try to do. Keep it going until it just clicks off every time I try to put more in..

Why you ask? I am I suppose to get way more than that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
On the Highway I've gotton over 400 miles on a tank, just below 17 MPG. Driving around town I usually get 260, or about 12 MPG, I have 2wd big tow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
I rarely wait until the light to come on but usually get 12+/17+ city/hwy for my 4x4 cc. But this winter (now), in the past 2 tanks, it subtantially went down to 10+/14+ :crying: . I don't remember it was that low last winter.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
mjv8507 said:
That is what I normally try to do. Keep it going until it just clicks off every time I try to put more in..

Why you ask? I am I suppose to get way more than that?
Way more? Nah......but if you stop at the first click or two you arent getting a few extra gallons from my experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
matthews said:
Holy crap dude, lay off your throttle! I get 19-20mpg highway, and 16-17mpg city
Thats exactly what I get. It was nice to take a trip 388mi and not filll up.
I was the leader with 2 Chevy avalanches and a Chevy 2500 following me.

It was great when they called me and asked when I was going to fill up!!!! I said, hell I still have 1/2 a tank!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
no offense, but calculating by miles per tank is going to yield a lot weirder results then asking MPG.

People will never fill up at the same time, some will do it at 1/8 tank, some will do it at the light, some will do it when it's bone dry...

Kind of weird you think this way would be far more accurate than asking mpg lol.....

Anyhooo to answer your question, i fill up around 350 miles or so.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top