Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, another Titan heater thread. I've read them all and made the fixes and still have lukewarm air at best. I'm completely lost on where to go from here. 2006 XE crew cab.

What I've done so far:
-replace heater control valve with new OEM Nissan part. This was before I saw the thread about being able to turn the valve manually, but nonetheless, it was new.
-this still didn't work, so removed the valve entirely and now have a ball valve in it's place
-removed dash and replaced blend door actuator behind the glovebox. Verified that it's working prior to reassembly
-this morning, flushed heater core expecting it to be full of crud. Clean antifreeze came out followed by clean water. No crud. No overheating problems or leaks so I left the rest of the cooling system alone.

All of this to get ~70 degree air out of the vents on full heat after about 10 minutes of running. The lines going to/from the heater control valve are ~150 degrees, the outflow line from the heater core is ~130 degrees. Engine temp is ~175 at the block. What could possibly be left to check?

I only have 140,000 miles on the truck and generally love it aside from the gas mileage. It's really just a tow vehicle at this point but it's 20 degrees in the morning on the way to the duck hole and I need the heater to work. I can't even defrost the windows which is a problem.

Anything else you guys can think of checking? Is there a fuse I'm not able to find?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Just guessing at possibilities, but maybe you have some debris in the plenum? If you can, snake a fiber optic scope in there and see if something is occluding the airflow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts