Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday, while waiting for a friend to give me a ride (got the front side windows tinted...looks killer btw) i was sitting in the vehicle and the doors locked automatically. i thought that i may have hit the remote key, so i unlocked them and waited.....about 45 seconds later....did it again.

so today, i thought i would run an experiment. i started the truck turned it off and pulled the key out of the ignition. nothing. then i locked the truck w/ the remote and then unlocked w/ remote and waited.....45 seconds later....locked.

this all brings me to believe that they are assuming that you lock your truck and maybe forget something. then you unlock, get what you forgot and then forget to lock again and it does it on its own. this is all well and good but what if im washing my car at home and have the keys on the seat. bummer locked out maybe.

any thoughts. maybe everybody could try this and see if you get the same results

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
You are not seeing things. That is how the locking system is designed. If you have the Nav System, you can adjust the timing on the relock. Otherwise the dealer can do for you. I have mine set at 1 minute.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i wonder if this is something that i can adjust myself. i dont have the nav system. i wonder how to adjust. wonder, wonder, wonder......

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
goathead said:
well i wonder if this is something that i can adjust myself. i dont have the nav system. i wonder how to adjust. wonder, wonder, wonder......
Auto relock
When the button on the keyfob is pushed, all doors will lock automatically within 1 minute unless one of the following operations is performed:
Any door is opened.
A key is inserted into the ignition switch and the key is turned from OFF to ON.

Lockout protection
When the power door lock switch (driver or front passenger) is moved to the lock position with the key in the ignition and any door open, all doors will lock and unlock automatically. This helps to prevent the keys from being accidently locked inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
739 Posts
My 2003 Honda CR-V does the same thing. In fact most of the vehicles I have owned in the past 5 years or so have also.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rrumaner said:
You are not seeing things. That is how the locking system is designed. If you have the Nav System, you can adjust the timing on the relock. Otherwise the dealer can do for you. I have mine set at 1 minute.
my question is based on what you said "Otherwise the dealer can do for you."
well i want to do it myself. oh well. its weird though, my maxima did not do this as far as i can remember and it was an 02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts