Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 just out of 80k miles and just noticed the manifold leak sound that ticks right at the start up and then slowly fades away within a minute. Guessing the metal is expanding and sealing it off for the most part. Ok I read plenty threads and heard everything about the Cajun b pipes are the way to go, but I don't need performance or feel like spending another 2k on the truck just because the ticking sound is driving me crazy. I don't mind trying to tackle the job alone to save me the money. I hope to keep the truck atleast another 5 years, it just gets me to work and back, no heavy towing or anything crazy. My thoughts were to remove the manifold and clean up the crack and then have it welded. Has anyone have great success with just welding it and reinstalling it. Looking for all feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
they just welded mine. drivers side quiet as can be other than the dual Gibson exaust. that's what they do to all dodges as they fail all the time. no problems after 1 month so far.

·
Banned
319 Posts
This is just my opinion White Titan. If you go through all that trouble to pull the manifold and either change it or have it welded, get you a set of long tube headers and never worry again. The performance gains will make you smile everytime you hammer the GO pedal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is just my opinion White Titan. If you go through all that trouble to pull the manifold and either change it or have it welded, get you a set of long tube headers and never worry again. The performance gains will make you smile everytime you hammer the GO pedal.
how much for long tube headers has Nissan improved the manifold issue yet. I have a 06 with 138k only had it 3 months

·
Registered
831 Posts
No changes 04-16 and even the 2017 is the same style manifold.
Unfortunate...pisspoor design, engineered disaster.

nissan probably plans to get theirs back on labor costs...many can vouch on this.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
919 Posts
You know its funny, we have a whole fleet of ford step vans, most would know as bread truck, in our case they are 22'. They have a pretty good size engine in them I'm not sure of the exact displacement, but 6 liter range I'm sure. They are dropping like flies with cracked manifolds and broken up cats, just like our trucks. They are all 2013s and they get beat at my job. They can't get the replacements fast enough and won't upgrade because they don't keep them very long. My company is losing their *** on the deal, because we ran diesel for years and never had these problems. One cold year even with block heaters let an entire fleet sit that was the end of diesel for us. It's crappy that in this day and age a better product doesn't make it to the consumer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts