Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody - just traded a '09 Tacoma for a left over '10 Titan last night as I needed more towing and passenger capacity. I looked at all the full size trucks and chose the Titan mostly for price but have been lurking around here trying to figure if it is a good truck or not. I have read a few bad reports but overall I think you gals and guys like your trucks very much. I was able to get 10,342 off the sticker of 37,545, I jumped on the deal. I missed last week's holiday 500 cash so it could have been better....:)

I'm not going to mod the truck much but I really enjoy learning about my vehicles so I will be paying attention and hopefully contribute some.

I also need to install some kind of step bar for my short legged wife. I leaning towards the N-fabs. But there sure is a whole lot of cheaper alternatives at there....but I will probably bite the bullet and get the N-fabs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,378 Posts
Nice truck! N-Fabs rock!

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Nice truck! Sounds like you got a good deal on it.

The n-fabs are nice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, I'm local to you(Frederick, MD), I just traded in my 2007 Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab 2.7 in for a left over 2010 CC SE 4x4 for the very same reasons! Welcome!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Welcome bro. definitely an upgrade!

Reactions: Pbucks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was that taco in the pic the 2.7L I4? How much does the boat weigh? Nice truck btw and welcome
Yep...2009, 2.7 4 banger automatic. It actually towed the 3000lb boat and trailer very well. I wasn't too sure about stopping though. Now can carry passengers and tow with no worries.

Reactions: jpac811

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Neighbor - I had my eye on a red '10 Pro-4X at Frederick Nissan, but on Black Friday when Nissan came out with that extra $500 bonus cash someone beat me to it. Left over "10 are getting scarce around here, I had to go to Belair, Md to get this one. So far I love this truck, especially the power but I will miss the Tacoma. I've been driving small Tacoma trucks since '77 on and off.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome. The Titan will tow your boat better and look alot better while doing it than than that little Tacoma. I bet that thing got pretty good gas mileage though(when not towing).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site. I challenge you to stick to that idea of not modding much after you see what a lot of these sickos can and have done to their TITANs. Enjoy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome, you will learn alot. Then you'll think alot...Then the mods come. You say no now, but give it a bit. It will start small like it always does...lights, cold air intake.

BTW sweet truck

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Welcome to TT. You cannot beat the guys here at Titan Talk.

I also read you are looking at some stuff from Nfabworks...You cannot beat Chris. He is a good guy and excellent to do business with. I have worked with him and is totally stand up.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know can't wait to tow the boat with the new truck. May have to get the boat out of storage (side of friends workshop) for a few hours for a test run.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
congrats on the new truck, when you get the steps then ur gonna want a leveling kit, then wheels and tires.... haha happy modding and the guys and girls on here are the best

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Yeah, the best way to keep that no-mod promise is to never come to Titan Talk. Which is hard, because all these dudes know crazy sh*t about the truck and it's fun to learn.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again everybody for the welcome. I need to say that I have had this truck 5 full days and absolutely love this truck already. Still learning the bluetooth and radio controls. So far the only I do not like is the size of the clock on the far right of the radio. Too small that I can not see it without putting on my reading glasses.

I am so glad I upgraded to this beast....:redblob"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts