Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
just got a new-to-me 06 titan that is being labeled as a "No Fear" edition...however for some reason I don't think it is.

I found this list of things it should include...with whats actually on mine.

17" Weld racing rims --- Mine are procomp rims.
35" tires (pro comp i believe) -- mine are BFG AT's (though..they are brand new, can't expect to keep the same brand for 5 years!)
6 " pro comp lift --- No idea if mine is a procomp...just has tokico shocks on it (but is lifted).
custom step bars (looks like n-fab??) --- no step bars installed
New grill with "no fear" emblems
banks exhaust -- not sure? it is throaty though.
stripped of all badges and "no fear" badges installed -- has no fear badges...but also has regular titan badges..
Stainless steel gauge face --- mine has the standard SE guages
"No Fear" floor mats
Billet pedals -- plain old rubber pedals

It seems like a frankenstein with its feature set and its hard to tell whether it is actually a "No Fear" or just an SE that someone went and bought some SE branded stuff and a lift kit and called it a day. I wonder if there is anyway to tell exactly what I have?

I do love the truck...just had the tires balanced today and it drives like a dream so far. Mileage is a little on the ****ty side compared to the car I traded in...but i knew that would happen. Also...damn stereo man! one friggin speaker works in the front and back (but not at the same time). Previous owner installed some ARC audio amp and i don't think its hooked up right. blaaah.

I wonder if someone here might have owned it at some time...1 owner (AZ). If they see this...can you please provide the key # plate and the key for the damn trailer hitch!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
i know the no fear came with pro comp wheels and tires. the tires it came with have worn out and been replaced. thats not a banks exhaust lol as mentioned. (who would wanna take off the fatty tip for that little one) The pro comp lift has a square drop bracket cross member. take a look under the front you'll see what i'm talkin about. Also the shocks, they are just no name shocks with the "no fear". its just a spacer on top of the stock struts. so the previous owner could've just replaced the oem ones with cheap ones. the rear ones are the same, they're labeled as pro comp mx6 or somethin, but really their the same as any other crappy shocks for lifted applications. I have never seen a no fear titan with step bars included. there are a few by me, plus i seen them at the dealership.

Thats a nice lookin truck though :)

arizona ftw.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
congrats man, rig looks nice:)

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
welcome and congrats? would the vin # show the actual model
it should... i think if ya really want to know take it to the dmv or maybe a car fax:confused:

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
but that wont show if its "no fear" or not. such a dumb azz brand name lol.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
type your vin into google? The vin will tell you exactly what year and model a vehicle is. Thats why insurance companies get your vin number to give you a quote. The know the cab style, bed style, options, and it would tell them the motor if we had motor options, color etc. everything about your vehicle is linked to the vin. Alot of our vins are gonna be realy close to eachother for our trucks. If its a CC all willl probably have the same sequence of numbers and letters as all CC titan.

the best example i know is with hondas. The 06-11 or current model civics are designated by 3 characters in the vin. FA5 is a 4 door SI, FA1 is 4 door dx/ex/lx. FG1 is coupe dx/ex/lx and an FG2 is a coupe SI. every single civic has one of those in the Vin so the car can be identified easly. Im sure our Ts do this as well but i havent ever looked at a bunch of Vins.

Congrats on the truck, even if it isnt a no fear, its still a good looking T

1 - 10 of 10 Posts