Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say it, but the T got gone on Monday. :crying:

Going through a divorce and needed to get something with lower payments and better on fuel mileage.

But i got a great deal on my new car. and i freakin love this thing...

It's been a blast. and really did hate to get rid of the T. But trying to be practical. kind of...

also now have a superchips cortex for sale. installed it for all of 20 minutes just to check it out.. damn that thing really is awesome.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Man that blows, good luck with everything.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My wife had one of those when we got married. I always felt like I was driving a go cart after being in the Titan. It was a great car for her until it hit about 85,000 miles and all of the sudden it just started falling apart. I loved the interior design, but it was just too small inside for me being 6'3", 225.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm 6'1" and fit just about right.. love this car so far. makes me just want to get out and drive, which also helps relieve some of the other crap running through my mind.. thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Nice! GTI's are cool little car's! :)

Reactions: Haze

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Sorry to hear it! VW's are fun cars (bought the wife a VR6 Jetta when we got married) but they cost too much $$$ to maintain.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear it! VW's are fun cars (bought the wife a VR6 Jetta when we got married) but they cost too much $$$ to maintain.
really? 500-700 every 60,000 miles for major tune ups isn't that bad if you ask me. and the fact that you only have to change the oil every 10k was a pretty big win for me. They are infinitely rebuild able and there parts catalog spans numerous years at a time..

but it's like a motorcycle. it's all in what you're willing to put into it..

·
Registered
893 Posts
that sucks bro but atleast your pocket wont have a dent anymore :-D

my cousin had a VR6 and WOW those things are fun to drive. if it was not a chick car id have one. I was only 17 when she had it though

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I don't know if they still do it, but VW used to spray this sound dentening material that would make the interior smell like melted crayons. It was quite the issue on VW forums because people were claiming the smell made them sick. I thought it was a little extreme. She had some annoyances like the brake light switch kept going out causing her taillights to stop working. Replacement batteries were only available through the dealer for $140. The A/C vents kept having a moldy smell even with new cabin filters.

This was all on a 2002 model, so I am sure things are better now. That VR6 hauled @$$!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I love the GTI.. Nice car!

·
Registered
360 Posts
really? 500-700 every 60,000 miles for major tune ups isn't that bad if you ask me. and the fact that you only have to change the oil every 10k was a pretty big win for me. They are infinitely rebuild able and there parts catalog spans numerous years at a time..

but it's like a motorcycle. it's all in what you're willing to put into it..
I would be careful with that though. Even with full synthetic oil you may want to change more often than 10K. My car recommends changing every 15K miles, but some people on my Zed forum do the Blackstone Oil Analysis and have since recommended changing every 5-7.5K miles.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Haze, great choice...wife has a TDI. Great cars. I was going to trade T in on a 2012 Jetta R if I didnt sell...Heck, might go buy one anyway...FUN and economical. You will enjoy.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to separate from your TITAN... :( but you did make a good choice for a replacement... Good looking GTI! If I ever buy another VW, it would be the GTI as well... I bought a used 86 GTI when I was a young GI and boy-howdy, those Germans sure know how to make a small performance engine...

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
still smiling ear to ear about this car. it's just great. My lil bro had a GLI too so we're blastin each other a little.. lol.. thanks for all the warm wishes guys. i may just stick around a while cuz this is an awesome place to chat.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I had a 07 Jetta, fast fun and handled great!! but some here said its a girlie car. The 07 was traded in for a 2010 Passat
my next car is either a Touareg or Tiguan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts