Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who says "rattling" won't work with little bucks?

I rattled in this pecker head last week. After sitting on stand for five hours the evening before with no deer seen I figured it was time for drastic action, so I took my horns with me the next morning.

It rained hard all night long so I figured I would get to sleep in the next morning, but when the alarm went off at 6:00 the rain had stopped. I got to my stand too early as usuall but isn't it always nice to see the world come alive in the morning? Dawn broke with a slight drizzle, the weatherman was promising a line of severe storms in my area later that afternoon and into the night. By 8:30 still no deer sighted so I thought what the heck, time to break out the antlers. I gave a couple of grunts on my deer call and softly meshed the antlers together. Almost immediately two does came out of the wood lot that I was watching followed by a spike. They were over 100 yards away and looked like they would cross in front of me just out of bow range. I again meshed the antlers together, the spike came trotting in like he was on a string. He stopped broadside at 30 yards and I put a 100 grain Spitfire through his chest. After a few min. I got out of my stand and found him dead at the edge of the woods. The shot was just a tad back but still got one lung and center punched the liver.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
nice kill! cant wait until this weekend, ML season starts! I'll more than likely get a fat hog but hey, thats meat to!
I was at my club this last weekend and man did it live up to the club name! LOW ROAD! we got drenched last week, there's not a speck of dry land out there right now. But I did get to play with the Mud Grapplers a bit, they did great. Only dropped it in 4h a couple times, dang logging trucks!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Congrats, I am still waiting for my first one this season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts