Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my shocks are shot and i think i may get the rancho lift. All the off roading i do is gravel roads at deer camp. I origianly thought about the extended travel package but i hear lots of issues about seals leaking after a year or two. Also I just dont think i would be happy only gaining an inch over my current leveling kit.

For the little offroading I do " i have a grizzly 550 for that" would i be happy with the ride? or does it ride like "@& + on the highway/pothole filled roads?

Thanks for your input and yes I would love to get the procomp prg set up but the Rancho is 1600 with 500 back. the dollars make sense to me

ps im thinking wheels and 295 70 r17 terras should fill out the wheel well and still not kill the mpgs

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
So my shocks are shot and i think i may get the rancho lift. All the off roading i do is gravel roads at deer camp. I origianly thought about the extended travel package but i hear lots of issues about seals leaking after a year or two. Also I just dont think i would be happy only gaining an inch over my current leveling kit.

For the little offroading I do " i have a grizzly 550 for that" would i be happy with the ride? or does it ride like "@& + on the highway/pothole filled roads?

Thanks for your input and yes I would love to get the procomp prg set up but the Rancho is 1600 with 500 back. the dollars make sense to me

ps im thinking wheels and 295 70 r17 terras should fill out the wheel well and still not kill the mpgs

If you are looking for more height and shiiitttyyy springs then go with the Ranchos. If you want more quality go Extended travel pkg. You can get 2 more inches out of the PRG pkg that what you have with your leveling kit. The seal situation has been fixed with PRG.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think the Rancho kit comes with any springs. I thought 3" was the max for a decent ride?

Tompsonmike- im not sure if I follow what you are saying. Are you saying that the ride is not bad?

·
Registered
796 Posts
The rancho 4" lift does NOT come with springs. It is just a bracket lift system. Comes with the brackets, longer braided brake lines, new knuckles, skid plate, 2" rear blocks, and all spacers and hardware needed in the kit.
Now a lot of the 6" kits that are out there come with new springs.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sorry the 4" rancho kit includes the following:

Front:
- Lifted knuckles
- Front and rear crossmembers
- Upper strut spacers
- Sway-bar links
- Sway-bar spacer brackets
- Kicker bars
- Bumpstop brackets
- Durable differential skid plate
- Cam bolts
Rear:
- Lifted blocks
- U-bolts
- Brake line bracket
- E-brake relocation bracket

Left some stuff out of my last post!! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
It won't ride any different because you are using the same shocks/coilovers. You'll just sit taller and have a higher center of gravity. You will get a harsher ride from tires with stiffer sidewalls though.

The only way you'll improve your ride is if you replace the coilovers on the front and the shocks on the rear, which aren't included in the Rancho kit.

It sounds like you're on a budget, and you also want to ride higher, my suggestion...

Rancho Lift Kit
Bilstein replacement shocks on the front (have to swap the stock springs) w/ the rancho strut spacer (incl. in kit)
Bilstein 5125 Series shocks on the back

Reactions: sigep538

·
Registered
519 Posts
Unless the rancho kit has changed in the last few years it does NOT come with strut spacers for the front. You have to buy front struts from rancho designed for the kit or coilovers from greg at prg that are designed for the bracket kits and take all the preload out of them to avoid coil bucket contact. It is a nice kit but on the shorter side.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got a great deal on a procomp with 5100 and 5125... they were out of the rancho and i bargined with them

·
Registered
519 Posts
i got a great deal on a procomp with 5100 and 5125... they were out of the rancho and i bargined with them

Ohh cool. I was just correcting an earlier post.....sounds like you got a good deal...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts