Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing if anybody has the quick answer...does anybody know the number of reported rear end failures and the number of total trucks sold each year?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, it helps.

What I would like to understand is the failure rate...

I can estimate 300,000 trucks sold so far....

And with how many rear end failures? If there are 1000 blown rear ends that is only 0.33% failure rate. Maybe there is 10,000, who knows?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Grnhead said:
Thanks for that, it helps.

What I would like to understand is the failure rate...

I can estimate 300,000 trucks sold so far....

And with how many rear end failures? If there are 1000 blown rear ends that is only 0.33% failure rate. Maybe there is 10,000, who knows?
I'm with you on this: I'd like to know the failure rate so I can either let go the concern (if it's statistically small) or prepare for the inevitabiltiy (if it's significant). Having purchased an 04 with 32K miles a couple of months ago, to tow my horses, I'd sure like to know how many 04s never had a rear end failure. Clearly, it's a real problem, but how prevalent?

·
Registered
754 Posts
i kno this doesnt exactly pertain to this thread but its a rear end question, does anyone know if us titanalk members get the 10$ discount on trutrax if we mention were a member when we order it. im about to purchase trutrax very soon and was wonderin. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts