Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 Titan crew cab. I have read the other posts regarding the sonar issue.

My issue is that the diagnostic tells me all 4 sensors are not functioning. I have tried a new ecu unit to no avail. I have looked at the schematic and am trying to find a common wire that might take all 4 sensors out at once.

When I put it in reverse the off light on the sonar switch lights up after a few seconds. It did sound off if I was parked close to something momentarily and then go off again. That seems to be intermittent.

My sensors are pitted slightly from towing and have gravel bounce off the trailer I assume. I have found out that Ford uses the same sensors in their f150. Has anyone devised a test for each sensor with a multi meter? I can get the bumper sensors for $35 each at a local wrecker.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for getting the multi meter on to the ridiculously small pins to do testing. My alligator clips are a bit large.

Yes,both fuses are good.

Thanks for any help given.

Motopilot, Calgary Canada

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just had my 14 in for service to get it fixed and it was $600 (covered by warranty) I was having the same issues that you are having.

They replaced two sonars and the harness, I also had some pitting from rocks. Not sure how to test them, but for $35 I would purchase one and swap them out one by one. I tried the test to see if there was a fault and it didn't work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As to testing the wires, I had an electrician tell me to get a straight pin and put it in the wire and test off of that and it won't hurt the wire any at all. Just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts