Nissan Titan Forum banner

(Another) Reason Not To Buy a Honda Ridgeline

131K views 136 replies 63 participants last post by  DeadRiver 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Fast bumpy ride in a Honda "Truck", was it worth the price? NOOOooooooooo......:)

#7 ·
etavarez36 said:
i will never,ever,ever...buy a honda truck !
Honda doesn't make a truck, just a gay El Camino clone.

#15 ·
No damage to the exterior so...I'm sure, with the right story, Honda will be footing the bill for the airbags. The Ridgeline is an excellent vehicle for what it was meant for. It's a light duty yuppie grocery getter. Nothing wrong with that. It's when the media tries to compare it to the big boys that makes it seem like a lesser vehicle.

#16 ·
#17 ·
I don't know why this should cost them any. I would go to the dealer and tell him to replace the bags. They should not do that for just a little jump. the truck did not have any damage that I can see, and as such they can tell them that they were driving and the darn bags just went.

#18 ·
titanguru said:
I don't know why this should cost them any. I would go to the dealer and tell him to replace the bags. They should not do that for just a little jump. the truck did not have any damage that I can see, and as such they can tell them that they were driving and the darn bags just went.
While in principle I agree that yes, a little air shouldn't set off the airbags, how would you lie about that?

I can guarantee if the ECU said "BLOW AIRBAGS NOW!!" there was unseen damage on the front end...

I guess they could always bring in the video!! "Um yeah, did I stutter Mr. Service Manager? I SAID I jumped my Ridgeline and it blew the airbags! Is that not acceptable driving habits for this truck?"

#19 ·
anmut said:
While in principle I agree that yes, a little air shouldn't set off the airbags, how would you lie about that?

I can guarantee if the ECU said "BLOW AIRBAGS NOW!!" there was unseen damage on the front end...

I guess they could always bring in the video!! "Um yeah, did I stutter Mr. Service Manager? I SAID I jumped my Ridgeline and it blew the airbags! Is that not acceptable driving habits for this truck?"
Some of these new systems work off inertia sensors and have no impact sensors at all. I don't know what Honda uses. But even vehicles that do have impact sensors also have inertia sensors that could set off the airbags with no damage. Mazda had problems back in the 90s with airbags going off due to these sensors being bad.

#20 ·
Good thing the Titan doesn't have to worry about inertia sensors! The videos (and someone's sig) proves that we can get air without worries...

#22 ·
That thing shouldn't even be considered a truck.

#23 ·
I can't stand when somebody calls those "things" a truck. My god they are a uni-body, fwd until they sense some wheel spin and they only come in a v-6. that is not even remotely the description of a truck!!! what's their tow rating? 2,000lbs if that maybe. It's for PETA card holding, tree hugging yuppie hippies that live in San Francisco that want to have a "truck" to haul thier mulch piles around!

#24 ·
Thats funny. The Honda Avalanche fails.

Now lets see threads about: "(Another) Reason Not To Buy a Nissan Titan" There has to be some threads out there. :coolsmile

#27 ·
jaimito2222 said:
ok ladies...calm down now... I have both a ridgeline and a titan...the are both good at what they were intended for...
Exactly - the Titan was made to be awesome and the Ridgeline was made to make you look like a wad. Hehehe - :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.