Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People actually get out of my way when I need them to. :)

and after I pass them, this is their view of my truck

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
rrumaner said:
People actually get out of my way when I need them to. :)

and after I pass them, this is their view of my truck

I didn't know lights like that were legal????

·
Registered
359 Posts
That's one Titan that definitely states 'you will respect my authority'! :eyebrow: :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Roy-
Do you know any of the guys from the Justice / Bridgeview ESDA I have a really good friend that works with them. His name is Dale Kasten.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Atsenaotie said:
Were y'all stopped, or was that a head on collision occuring behind you?
:huh:
We were blocking the road.

The truck coming up behind us was not supposed to be there and actually ran a roadblock at the other end of the scene. The picture is going to be used to prove that they were there and they ran a roadblock. They just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I was taking a break and snapping pictures when I got the call that we had a car coming our way so I waited to get the shot and the other guys on site stopped the vehicle for the police to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ATitan4Me said:
Roy-
Do you know any of the guys from the Justice / Bridgeview ESDA I have a really good friend that works with them. His name is Dale Kasten.
No sorry I don't. They would be in either Cook or Will County. We deal with Will County's Search & Rescue Team. If he is on their team, we might run into each other. Otherwise they are too far away from us to interact regularly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
show more pics

Atsenaotie said:
Were y'all stopped, or was that a head on collision occuring behind you?
:huh:
I want to see more pics.....can you make it during the day......I would love to see the graphics and how your monster looks in the sun.....

gb

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TitanNorth said:
I want to see more pics.....can you make it during the day......I would love to see the graphics and how your monster looks in the sun.....

gb
I will take some more pictures the next time I am out during the day. Lately it seems that all my calls come after 9pm and last until 3 or 4am.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are you a paid full time employee of the Kane County Emergency Management Agency? Or do you recieve a per-diem for responding after monitoring a scanner or pager? Or do you do this as a volunteer? What type of training is required? This looks like something I would be interested in pursuing.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
hotmeds said:
Are you a paid full time employee of the Kane County Emergency Management Agency? Or do you recieve a per-diem for responding after monitoring a scanner or pager? Or do you do this as a volunteer? What type of training is required? This looks like something I would be interested in pursuing. :zzzz:
Strictly volunteer. 24x7x365 on call. We have pagers and police radios (some also have scanners) and we are dispatched by the same dispatchers as the County Sheriff. We can be requested by any law enforcement or fire command and we respond directly to the scene in our own personal vehicles.

As for training, I (we) go through 3 training sessions a month (usually Wednesday evenings for 2-3 hours), 10 months a year. Training can vary from Search & Rescue to Haz-Mat to Decontamination Procedures. I am an EMT(B), a Haz-Mat Operations Manager and Search & Rescue Manager. I am a NWS Certified Weather Spotter and I am in charge of our Communications equipment during a disaster.

I am also one of the team members that dresses in the Tyvek suit and respirator on the Decon Team. That part of the job is the most interesting as we are the ones that get everyone stripped down and into the showers we provide. These photos will give you an idea of what Decon is about. Decon-1. In the second picture I am the 2nd one from the left. Decon-2. TO get more information on our Decon Team, see Mass Decontamination Team. For more information about the other things we do, see the Kane County OEM website

We also get called out to SWAT calls to ensure perimeter security. Just tonight we had a class on Evidence Preservation taught by a member of the Sheriff's Bomb Squad.

While most of our work is handling traffic and scene/crowd control at auto accidents, everything we do is geared at protecting the public in case of a disaster, either manmade or natural.

Remember that all this is UNPAID and we VOLUNTEER our own time. As of today, we number 30 members in our agency all with different backgrounds and reasons for doing this type of work.

If you are looking for a way to give back to your community and can afford the time, I really recommend this type of service. It is not easy, but it can be very rewarding.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks good man except I wouldnt drive your titan around a construction site full of union workers with the flag on the back. American flags on foreign cars always gets me.

·
Super Moderator
35,621 Posts
RememberThisTitan said:
Looks good man except I wouldnt drive your titan around a construction site full of union workers with the flag on the back. American flags on foreign cars always gets me.
Yeah that makes sense. :huh:

The Ford SuperDuty is made in Mexico and the Titan is completely made in the USA.

My old Dodge Caravan was made in Canada with a made in Japan motor (Mitsubishi) and with German electrics (Bosch).

So it should bug you when the Fords and Dodges sport American Flags? :eh:

·
Registered
142 Posts
rrumer

I've been involved in HazMat for years, and understand the stresses, strains and the rewards. I applaud your service and commitment. Plus, you get to dress up your beautiful Titan in some very cool lights.
slick50

·
Registered
188 Posts
37L1 said:
Yeah that makes sense. :huh:

The Ford SuperDuty is made in Mexico and the Titan is completely made in the USA.

My old Dodge Caravan was made in Canada with a made in Japan motor (Mitsubishi) and with German electrics (Bosch).

So it should bug you when the Fords and Dodges sport American Flags? :eh:

Made elsewhere, but they are American companies right? No it doesnt bother me to see Fords and Dodges sport American flags.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If by "foreign cars" you mean those not made within the United States, then many of the big three domestics sell "foreign cars". If you mean "foreign cars" are those with origins in another country--so what! Do you really think a large corporation, say General Motors, is bound by National borders, or by Nationalism any more? That companies choose to invest in America and provide good jobs for Americans is to me reason enough to support those companies. Nissan has done this, as have other "foreign" companies.

Anyway, many of us are owners of these very same companies with the "foreign" names, selling "foreign cars"--that is, if you've invested in mutual funds, 401K's etc. Whoops! I just fell off my soap box. Excuse me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts