Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can get set of 4 nice *** weld wheels (dunno the offset)and brand new 37x12.5 inch bfg ats for 1000 bucks, the only thing holding me back is there off an f150, witch is the 5x5.5 lug pattern, i found a website that sells a 6x5.5 to a 5x5.5 adaptor for a hundred bucks a piece now the adaptors will also widen my track width about 2 inches each side, iam wondering if i will have rubbing with a cst 4 inch spindel lift and camburg saw coilvers producing 7 inches of lift, fiberglass is always an option or a body but iam not a big fan of body lifts i would rather gets some glass fenders any HELPFULL inputs would be great, thank in advance
tyler

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
If the wheels are wider, like 9", that's another inch per side, and if backspacing is 4.5" instead of our ~5.5" there's another inch. I'd just find some wheels that are for the Titan. If only two inches total, you probably would need the pinch weld mod. But 7" of lift to fit tires isn't a good idea if you plan to use your Titan for anything other than rolling over downed trees or fording deep creeks. What's your intended use?

Also a 37 will make your truck's gearing too high, even with the BT gears. One guy went back to 33s from even the 34.5" 315/70/17 because of the torque converter not locking up properly. My 33.5" M/Ts feel sluggish compared to my 32.8" BFG AT KOs, but I think this is more of a 73 lbs. vs. 58 lbs. issue.

From your sig, thing's like a CAI, etc. seem to show performance matters to you, so really think about what a 37 will do to your Titan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i asked my dad about 37s on it and he said i was stupid, even a 35 is big for it, idk by the way its looking i might just save my money my prerunner project iv already started

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
Also a 37 will make your truck's gearing too high, even with the BT gears. One guy went back to 33s from even the 34.5" 315/70/17 because of the torque converter not locking up properly. QUOTE]

I have only heard of one truck with the BFG 315/70/17 with the TC not locking up properly. I have talked with several Titan owners with these tires before I bought my tires. But with 37's expect several drivability issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts