Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My oh my, oh how did I live without BullyDog in my life? I'm running an 87 tune w/ +2 advanced timing and man does this thing roar! The WOT limitation removal was huge! I actually experienced (for the very first time) wheel-hop from all the torque! Man I love the VK!

Now onto an exhaust: Thinking about keeping it true dual, no x-pipe, 2.25" and just swapping out the stock muffler for dual 18" long 4" round magnaflow mufflers with SS tips coming out before the rear wheel.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
That exhaust setup you're considering will sound like hammered sheeit. Lotsofguys have tried the bigger Magnaflows and weren't getting the sound right. Those small body Magnaflows will just exasperate that problem a huge amount.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I agree, the BDGT is amazing for the money.

Have you tried changing the throttle sensitivity?
I actually picked up the Bully Dog Power Pup which is about 90% the same as the BDGT minus the throttle sensitivity adjustment and gauges. I'm not concerned about those though. My mission was to remove the 40MPH WOT restriction. :) Everything else, like the performance gains (if any) were all perks.

That exhaust setup you're considering will sound like hammered sheeit. Lotsofguys have tried the bigger Magnaflows and weren't getting the sound right. Those small body Magnaflows will just exasperate that problem a huge amount.
Thank you for telling me this. :) I guess I'll have to do some more research on the exhaust setup side. Or I might just stick with the tried-an-true Magnaflow muffler swap and call it good since the '08 exhaust is pretty decent for OEM. But has anyone tried the setup that I had planned earlier?

I've also just purchased a Transgo shift-kit and called my local AAMCO for a price quote on install. They'll be getting back to me on Monday but I will most likely have it done within the next week or so if the price is right. :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'd be careful about letting aamco work on your truck. I'm sure some are better than others but had a real bad experience with them.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Is anybody else other than me running 87 +4 ? I have no knocking or pinging. I've been doing it for a while. It has gave me a couple of better track times but not much of a difference and it just seems better so I run it. I can even run the 87+2 but the +4 seems quicker. Do you all think I should stop? I have no problems with both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts