Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What warning system does the Titan's TPMS system have?

-warning light
-audible beep or sound
-both light and sound

If it's just a warning light, I might just keep the TPMS on the factory wheels when I get aftermarket wheels. I can tolerate just a warning light.

Anyone else have aftermarket wheels without TPMS?

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
It has both, a audible beep and a blinking light.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine is NOT audible. There's only a Horseshoe looking light in the lower left corner of the dash.

·
Registered
246 Posts
baseballfanz said:
If it's a light and audible sound you have low pressure in one or more of your tire(s). If it's only the light than you have a problem with your TPMS system.

If you have wheels with no TPMS the light will be on, no sound. If you can live with the light.
Not true for my 06. There is no audible sound. Only a light. It has been used several times.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Duner49 said:
Not true for my 06. There is no audible sound. Only a light. It has been used several times.
In your case its only a light because you have a problem with the system because you took away the TPM sensors. Same as mine, I get the light at about 30-60 miles. I can live with it.

A sound goes off, if you have the TPM sensors and there is low pressure.

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys for clarifying that. I can live with the light going off every now and then.

Now, I need to buy a Titan so I can start modding.

With TPMS Light and Beep ( when pressure is low)
Without TPMS Light only (no Beep)

·
Registered
239 Posts
My '06 never beeps!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
TMonte said:
Nor does my 06. I've had two flats...blinking light, but no audible warning tone.
OK, I did some checking and it seems like they did change it up for the 06-
In the 06 or newer the light will come on with no audible sounds for low tire(s) pressure. The light will flash for one minute if there's something wrong with the TPMS system.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I had a nail once and the light came on. I put my stock rims back on once with the tpms taken out for about 50 miles total and the light never came on??

·
Registered
85 Posts
This morning my TPMS light came on solid. I stopped to check and all my tires looked OK so I kept going. When I got home tonight I checked and sure enough 3 tires were at 38 and the left rear was at 32.

I filled it up to 38 but now how do I get the light to turn off...?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Can you adjust what the minimum pressure is on the TPMS? say 25 psi? Or is it permanently set to 35 psi?

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far I'm just getting a blinking warning for about 10 secs and a constant TPMS light on. No warning sounds so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts