Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally trying to finish my exhaust mods. After all the threads I've read, I'm aware the best place to install the UQ is post-muffler. My question is relatively simple I guess. I'm just wondering how much length this will add to exhaust? My rear exhaust hangar already rubs from time to time, so I honestly don't know how much I have to spare. How do most people handle an issue like this? Do you have to cut out areas of the pipe and re-weld/clamp to make space for it?

Also, a followup question: My exhaust piping diameter is 2.5''. Which size UQ should I get? I noticed they come in 2.25, 2.5 and 3. If I were to get it welded, I'm assuming 2.5, but if I decided to clamp would the smaller or larger one be a better option?

Thanks ahead of time for the advice!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It won't add anything to the length. They will cut out the section of your current exhaust, and stick the UQ in it's place. When I had mine on (for like two days, it was too quiet), I remember it being installed almost right above the axle. Get the 2.5" because going down in size will just restrict the exhaust. Welding is always better than clamps.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Install beside the spare tire and you will cut out about 10" of the existing tailpipe. The Stock Nissan tailpipe is 2.75" so a 3" UQ is what you need if it's stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys.

I'll double check the diameter at the rear of the pipe to see which to go with.

Kind of on a side note: Is there a ballpark cost I should look for as far as getting the UQ installed? There aren't too many custom shops around here so I'll probably need to look around if it's pricey.

·
Premium Member
20,966 Posts
The difference in diameter between the resonator and the exhaust pipe threw a wrench in my install and drove up the cost. The muffler guy wasn't too happy.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$103 shipped from Cajun
Apologies, let me clarify: I meant prices for installation of the resonator at a muffler shop, not the price of the unit itself.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't think it would be very much... Maybe a half hour of labor at a shop

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it would be very much... Maybe a half hour of labor at a shop
To cut out my pipe and weld in the UQ? Or will they typically clamp? Sorry I'm a complete amateur when it comes to things like welding.

Either way not too bad. I'm not too crazy about taking a sawzall to my catback so I wouldn't mind paying a pro a few bucks to do it right.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shouldn't cost more than $40 to weld it in if more they are getting to you.
Good deal, that's pretty much what I was looking for. I'll check around with some of the shops who do custom work nearby and see what they're thinking. Thanks for the advice guys!

Now, I guess I'll just have to decide whether or not I'll want them to weld up the rest of the gaps while they're under there...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One last lingering question that you cajun guys may have a quick answer to!

If I plan on waiting a bit on purchasing the UQ so I can experience the new exhaust setup without it, will I have to send in for a separate set of uprev tunes after I finally do install it? Or is the presence of the UQ pretty much negligible when it comes to the tuning side of things? I would just want to make sure I'm getting as accurate of a tune as possible for my eventual setup.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
One last lingering question that you cajun guys may have a quick answer to!

If I plan on waiting a bit on purchasing the UQ so I can experience the new exhaust setup without it, will I have to send in for a separate set of uprev tunes after I finally do install it? Or is the presence of the UQ pretty much negligible when it comes to the tuning side of things? I would just want to make sure I'm getting as accurate of a tune as possible for my eventual setup.

No need

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent! Thanks all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts