Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
any track times?

i took my truck for a pass down an 1/8 truck yesterday. i got a [email protected] by my math, that should put my close to a 15.00 in the quarter. i was wondering if anyone had ran thiers down the quarter yet.

·
Registered
622 Posts
SNEAKY said:
i took my truck for a pass down an 1/8 truck yesterday. i got a [email protected] by my math, that should put my close to a 15.00 in the quarter. i was wondering if anyone had ran thiers down the quarter yet.
thats a great time, way to go SNEAKY. i have yet to take my TITAN to the track but will eventually. did you mash the pedal and go off the line or did u brake while reving and let go?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
SNEAKY said:
Titan is supposed to be able to do just over 7 seconds.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TITAN21 said:
thats a great time, way to go SNEAKY. i have yet to take my TITAN to the track but will eventually. did you mash the pedal and go off the line or did u brake while reving and let go?
i stalled it up a little, but not much.

the only time the VDC kicks in, is if the wheels spin.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've seen 15.4 in the 1/4 so far from somebody on the boards.

The track opens tonight here in Indy. I don't think I'm going to take the truck down there yet. I have about 2300 miles on it now and I'd like to put on a few more before I run it down the track. That and I want to make sure my Z sees 12.5 early in the season this year.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
dman said:
0-60mph that is, not in the 1/8th.
yeah, that's what I meant, 0-60 in rougly 7 seconds. OOps, forgot to say that

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
37L1 said:
So are you gonna compete in the F-150 or are you gonna be "Sneaky" and give them a dose of TITAN?
sorry, the F150 is a 300CID L6. it is a good truck, but it does not have near the power of this titan. it will be in the titan.

·
Registered
497 Posts
7 sec is pretty fast for a stock king/crew cab 4x4 truck in my book. gl on your race. :cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hwwaaahhhhh said:
I'm anxious for your results... this should be really interesting.
well. me and a fellow Titan Owner where two of the fastest trucks that night, but a friend brought a DuraMax chevy HD that was fast as heck. he got a 9.1 out of it, wish would be got for a low 14.xx in the quarter. my titans would run about 15.5x. but the duramax had some Computer work and exhaust a tranny work. all in all, it was afun night. i bet the people at the track where trying to figure why there was so many trucks out there.

http://www.dfwstangs.net/hosting/David Z28/duramax.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Just ran mine tonight at Va Motorsport Park. About 60 degrees outside, nice weather. Oh, I have the banks system installed just last night (I havent reset my ECU though, so more power might be dwelling... oh yeah, 87 octane too)

15.62 at 87.5 thats with powerbraking with the trac assist off.

I couldnt get away from 15.6s thats all I could run no matter how I launched.

Funny story though, I staged up next to a new EVO. I figured I'd give him a run out of the hole, so I stuck it in 4WD LO (KIDS! DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!!). Now granted the kid couldnt launch very well, but I ran a 2.143 60 ft time (compare that to a 2.467, my best in 2wd) It was sooooo funny, I killed him off the line and had him by mid track. Of course he walked me I ran outta gear at 78mph!

OK, now that Im offically a Titan abuser, you can scold me now :)

I wonder how she'd run with decent gas and a reset ECU, hmmm (walks out to the truck to diconnect the batt) :cheers:

-Corey

·
Registered
622 Posts
lawabidn said:
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Just ran mine tonight at Va Motorsport Park. About 60 degrees outside, nice weather. Oh, I have the banks system installed just last night (I havent reset my ECU though, so more power might be dwelling... oh yeah, 87 octane too)

Funny story though, I staged up next to a new EVO. I figured I'd give him a run out of the hole, so I stuck it in 4WD LO (KIDS! DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!!). Now granted the kid couldnt launch very well, but I ran a 2.143 60 ft time (compare that to a 2.467, my best in 2wd) It was sooooo funny, I killed him off the line and had him by mid track. Of course he walked me I ran outta gear at 78mph!

I wonder how she'd run with decent gas and a reset ECU, hmmm (walks out to the truck to diconnect the batt) :cheers:

-Corey
nice run man, where there any other trucks there? any hemi's, lightnings, f-150s?

·
Registered
202 Posts
lawabidn said:
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

-Corey

Most of the fast diesel trucks use 4WD HI when they race to get traction. It doesn't seem to bother as long as you aren't turning a lot. 4WD probably takes some extra power but the traction advantage may be worth it. Do you have the Offroad or Bigtow packages?

·
Registered
77 Posts
JS02 said:
Most of the fast diesel trucks use 4WD HI when they race to get traction. It doesn't seem to bother as long as you aren't turning a lot. 4WD probably takes some extra power but the traction advantage may be worth it. Do you have the Offroad or Bigtow packages?
yep I have both, KC though

-Corey

·
Registered
45 Posts
9.97 in the 1/8th is about mid fifteens in the quarter mile. Nice runs! :futwice:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts