Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've researched this for five years and that is the best the F150 can do in stock form. Add 4wd, longbed, supercab etc... and it is downhill from there.

That a 4wd extended cab Titan is in the mid 15's stock is quite impressive.

I noticed that Corey's 60ft, 330 and 1/8th would have made quite a fun run with me. I lost my tenth by the 1000' and he just had too much on the top end.

I know nothing about the '04 new model Ford.
No track results to be found.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
New F150,nice truck,not as quick as 300 hp would indiacte

Raoul,the new Ford is a pretty good driving vehicle.The moto mags are a bit down on it because it doesn't run as fast as the claimed 300 hp would indicate.It runs about as fast as the new Tundra DC with 245 hp.Other than that,it has been met with near universal acclaim-nice ride,nice interior,very quiet, excellent crash test results,adequate power etc.I test drove it,it was nice,but I wanted curtain airbags.Charlie

·
Registered
9 Posts
SupraTitan said:
That sux that you got suckered into the Ford, thats pretty slow. The only thing fast on a Ford is the rate of depreciation.
What a ****. I don't think a 15.7 1/4 is bad at all for a '99 260 hp F-150 considering most of the 305 horse Titans are only running a few tenths quicker.

The Titan is an awesome truck but it is not "God's gift."

·
Super Moderator
35,437 Posts
Gone2 said:
This guy is getting his hemi down to 14.02 with mostly a filter and muffler.

http://dtw.truckmoxie.com/forums/topic.ten?id=67389
that's Hemi666.

Don't forget the Coke bottle, the Home Depot dyi intake, removing the cats, air cleaner, spare tire, lowering air pressure in the rear raising in the front, shackling the suspension with a liberal portion of bovine scatology.

Do not believe what this guy posts anywhere. :fart:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hemi777 is quite the ***, for evidence go check out his posts on NLOC. I also believe he has more than he claims to.

He claims the TMR mod was worth 4 tenths. Basically the TMR mod is cutting a wire that controls the torque managment for the tranny so it shifts real hard. Like to see how long that p.o.s. Dodge tranny holds up like that. You can do this to basically and brand of truck with an auto but most people do the smart thing and put in a shift kit.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ben99GT said:
Hemi777 is quite the ***, for evidence go check out his posts on NLOC. I also believe he has more than he claims to.

He claims the TMR mod was worth 4 tenths. Basically the TMR mod is cutting a wire that controls the torque managment for the tranny so it shifts real hard. Like to see how long that p.o.s. Dodge tranny holds up like that. You can do this to basically and brand of truck with an auto but most people do the smart thing and put in a shift kit.
yah he is an ***. im over there almost everyday and i ask all the time why everyone else doesnt do his mods to increase their times and not a single person ever answers me. if the guy really is running 13.7 on only $100 or $200 or whatever he has in mods if i was a dodge guy i would be doing his mods in a second. really really shady. the guy has more than he is saying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TITAN21 said:
yah he is an ***. im over there almost everyday and i ask all the time why everyone else doesnt do his mods to increase their times and not a single person ever answers me. if the guy really is running 13.7 on only $100 or $200 or whatever he has in mods if i was a dodge guy i would be doing his mods in a second. really really shady. the guy has more than he is saying.
Actually they have posted his slips & is running around 14 flat the last one I saw. The reason people don't do all his mods are that it's not practical for an everyday truck.

The TMR IMO is worth 3 tenths, if only due to the quicker pulling & shifting. It is a definite notice improvement if you've ever ridden in one, but again, it's not practical for most to do b/c of #1) Tranny damage unknowns #2) Warranty #3) Only 2003 models can do it

I ran my QC 4x4 Hemi w/ 4.56's gears, TMR mod, 315/70/17 Hummer H2 tires, & an intake... 1st time ever at the track so I suck, but I ran a 15.887 which ain't bad for a truck weighing what it does & with Hummer tires.

The Z71 there ran a 19 =)

However... I traded my '03 for an '04 last month, & last night I wrecked my '04 (pretty sure it's totalled) and am actually considering a Titan or Hemi as my 2 top choices right now, but who knows... depends on what insurance gives me or if they can fix my '04 or not.

·
Registered
622 Posts
REALM said:
Actually they have posted his slips & is running around 14 flat the last one I saw. The reason people don't do all his mods are that it's not practical for an everyday truck.

The TMR IMO is worth 3 tenths, if only due to the quicker pulling & shifting. It is a definite notice improvement if you've ever ridden in one, but again, it's not practical for most to do b/c of #1) Tranny damage unknowns #2) Warranty #3) Only 2003 models can do it

I ran my QC 4x4 Hemi w/ 4.56's gears, TMR mod, 315/70/17 Hummer H2 tires, & an intake... 1st time ever at the track so I suck, but I ran a 15.887 which ain't bad for a truck weighing what it does & with Hummer tires.

The Z71 there ran a 19 =)

However... I traded my '03 for an '04 last month, & last night I wrecked my '04 (pretty sure it's totalled) and am actually considering a Titan or Hemi as my 2 top choices right now, but who knows... depends on what insurance gives me or if they can fix my '04 or not.
im not questioning his times, i know they are legit, its just that he's gotta have more on there than he's saying. even other hemi guys have questioned it. if that guy wants to take that kind of risk on a truck just to get a few tenths of second more at the track, go right ahead, lol. guess some people got different priorities these days.

·
Registered
622 Posts
04HEMI said:
ive seen a video of him runnin a 14.2
he supposedly ran a 13.7, i wanna see that one.

·
Super Moderator
35,437 Posts
Why should this guy be a topic of discussion? You know that's what he wants, he needs the attention.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The times I posted are right off the un-corrected timeslips I got at the track. With only 1200 miles on it, I'm sure it will get better. My MPG is starting to climb up now with about 2500 miles on the clock (14 to 15.7 avg) so I think next time out it will run good. I was thinking about running it next time stock and then adding the Banks exhaust at the track. And then switching back to stock for the last run to get a good average for the track conditions (getting cooler at night).

As for the dodge hemis - they are fast. What most of the people compare are the standard cab with no back seat to the Nissan 4-door crew cab. Of course the Dodge will be faster - duh! Heads up, crew cab vs. crew cab it is about even depending on how modified the trucks are and what gearing they come with. As far as this other guy stirring things up, who cares? I'm happy for him that he can run some good times with his truck. If I wanted to go fast in a truck I would have bought a Lightning (for the money). But I have a bike that runs [email protected] (Ninja ZX9R with the slips to back it up) so until he can beat that I could care less. And even then, I ain't even close to being the baddest at the track - I just go to have fun. Run what you brung, not your mouth. Or... run what you brung and hope you brung enough.

Nuff said.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I disagree w/ the above statement. If we're talkin about 1/4 racing, weight means everything. Considering an ext cab Titan weighs the same as a reg cab hemi, those should be the ones compared in 1/4 times. It would show the truest available difference in the motors since the weights are the same. Also, the 14.2 run from hemi777 is one before he did a couple more "homemade" mods, which just makes the 13.7 more believable to me, as I was one of the doubters at first.

·
Registered
622 Posts
04HEMI said:
I disagree w/ the above statement. If we're talkin about 1/4 racing, weight means everything. Considering an ext cab Titan weighs the same as a reg cab hemi, those should be the ones compared in 1/4 times. It would show the truest available difference in the motors since the weights are the same. Also, the 14.2 run from hemi777 is one before he did a couple more "homemade" mods, which just makes the 13.7 more believable to me, as I was one of the doubters at first.
alright, enough about hemi777, what about YOU hemi boy, what kinda ram do you have and what do you run?

·
Registered
202 Posts
04HEMI said:

Are you sure a regular cag hemi weighs the same as an extended cab Titan? Where did you see this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didnt see it, reg cab hemis w/ 20s and all the bells and whistles weigh in right around 5000 pounds, and I have been told thats right at what ext cab titans weigh since the club cabs weigh 5100.

Hey Titan21, I dont wanna turn this into a flame or argument. I like all things automobiles, Nissans, Yotas, GMs, Ford, Dodge. I just happen to have a dodge, so I dont want this to get into a immature internet argument, Im glad you like your Titan, I like my Ram, we can both be happy.

To answer your question though, I have an 04 Dodge Ram SLT Sport, reg cab, short bed w/ 3.92 LSD, 20s, and my only mod as of yet is a Magnaflow exhaust. I would expect to run high 14s at the track, as Im a decent driver. Probly around a 14.7 to 14.8. I have never been to the track w/ this truck yet. Nearest 1/4 track is about 2 hours away.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love too read all this hemi 777 bashing. I was there when he ran everyone of his times, and he's telling the truth. Trust me i am still skeptical, and i looked over every inch of his truck. If he's lieing, i cant figure it out.. The reason his money changed is cause he went from a flowmaster exhaust too no exhaust, and removed k&n filter too no filter. I dont know. He's got too have a factory fluke, or He's the master of Invisible mod's. No amount of invisible mod's is gonna give you 5seconds. Not without nos, or supercharger, and he has niether. I dont blame anyone for being skeptical, but whoever buys that truck will have ragged out engine thats fast as hell, and thats the truth..

·
Registered
497 Posts
thanks a whole lot, that explains it all. :cheers: i ordered pixy dust from a site in england, they said its completely untracable and will shave over 2 sec off my 1/4 mile time. anyone with common sence can tell whats up, the list goes on for mods that can be done stating with internals. maby dodge gave him a fluke like you said with hp pistons and head work, they might of skimmed on the cams since they didnt want anyone to know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
622 Posts
04HEMI said:
I didnt see it, reg cab hemis w/ 20s and all the bells and whistles weigh in right around 5000 pounds, and I have been told thats right at what ext cab titans weigh since the club cabs weigh 5100.

Hey Titan21, I dont wanna turn this into a flame or argument. I like all things automobiles, Nissans, Yotas, GMs, Ford, Dodge. I just happen to have a dodge, so I dont want this to get into a immature internet argument, Im glad you like your Titan, I like my Ram, we can both be happy.

To answer your question though, I have an 04 Dodge Ram SLT Sport, reg cab, short bed w/ 3.92 LSD, 20s, and my only mod as of yet is a Magnaflow exhaust. I would expect to run high 14s at the track, as Im a decent driver. Probly around a 14.7 to 14.8. I have never been to the track w/ this truck yet. Nearest 1/4 track is about 2 hours away.
hey HEMI, i wasn't starting anything at all buddy, what made you think that? i was just curious as to what kind of ram you had and your typical runs are. it's always good to have a 2nd opinion around all these TITAN nuts :gunz:
those hemi regular cabs can really get up and go from what i hear. seems thats the only way you guys can beat a TITAN is with a regular cab. most QC vs. CC races i have heard of always has the CC coming out on top. got any pics you can post for us?

41 - 60 of 90 Posts