Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,589 Posts
"I dont blame anyone for being skeptical, but whoever buys that truck will have ragged out engine thats fast as hell, and thats the truth.."

When he sells that truck, the person who buys it will soon be walking from the service department to his lease mobile.

·
Registered
25 Posts
TITAN21 said:
hey HEMI, i wasn't starting anything at all buddy, what made you think that? i was just curious as to what kind of ram you had and your typical runs are. it's always good to have a 2nd opinion around all these TITAN nuts :gunz:
those hemi regular cabs can really get up and go from what i hear. seems thats the only way you guys can beat a TITAN is with a regular cab. most QC vs. CC races i have heard of always has the CC coming out on top. got any pics you can post for us?
Thats cool man. I have never thought the Nissan wasnt fast. As good as their V6 engines are, I figured their V8 would be nothing to be taken lightly. Actually, my mother owns a Sentra SER, and I really like that car. Here are some pics at www.freewebs.com/04hemi . Ive got a rollpan and some speakers and amp sittin here in my room, and ill be ordering my GF 2/4 lowering kit later this month, so itll be lookin nicer before too long. I wouldnt say that, there are alot of 2wd quad cab hemis runnin lower than 15.4, and thatd be a pretty good match for the Titan, a drivers race for sure. If there was never any competition, nothing would ever change for the better. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
So having a 345hp engine with a 3.92 gear vs. a 305hp engine with a 3.36 gear with the same weight is even?

Weight isn't everything when you got the gear and the power over the other vehicle. But I can agree to disagree with just about anybody. Sum of the parts is my philosophy.

Rant on.

:cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bike was down for repair so I took the Titan to test and tune tonight. Had four 10.0 runs in a row. 60' was 2.29 to 2.33. Truck had no spin at all even when power breaking. It only has 2000 miles so maybe I'll take it back in a few months. A 2WD Rumble Bee showed up but wasnt running tonight, he ran last Friday in similar conditions and said he ran 10.0s and high 9.90s.

P.S. Titan Kingcab SE with most of the options except big tow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the head said:
So having a 345hp engine with a 3.92 gear vs. a 305hp engine with a 3.36 gear with the same weight is even?

Weight isn't everything when you got the gear and the power over the other vehicle. But I can agree to disagree with just about anybody. Sum of the parts is my philosophy.

Rant on.

:cheers:
Yeah, that would be even. The whole point is to find out which engine is better/faster. If the weight was the same, then that would make it a true comparison of the motors in a simplistic (is that a word) sense. Just saying that at equal weights, the only differences would be the performance aspects of the trucks, so whoever wins that race would be the truly superior design/setup. Geez, this is gettin complicated. :huh: :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
ty 04HEMI for explaining how to determine a truly superior designed truck. :cheers: what would we ever do without your knowledge and very technical "true racer standpoint" . :dunno:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Part of the reason the titan lighter is directly related to the engine having an aluminum block, doesn't show up on the dyno but does help at the strip,
So when the weight issue is brought up even in identical cars the car equipped with the 5.6L is gonna be lighter. Maybe. Also if you go by mfg. supplied h.p. numbers the dodge 1500 QC even with its added heft is supposed to have a better power to weight ratio than the comparable titan. I guess to make the dodge guys happy were gonna have to start running at the strip with a couple hundreds pounds of ballast in the bed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here is an example, if you and a buddy started out w/ exactly the same small block, then added heads, cams etc, how you wanted, at the end of that, when you went to race them, you wouldnt put one engine in a VW and one in a Semi. Same thing applies here. You want to know whos fastest, based on the choices you made on the engine, not have one be faster simply because its got alot less weight to lug around. And this whole time, my argument hasnt been to race a heavier titan against a lighter dodge, but to race both at equal weights, I guess you guys just hate to admit the fact, that w/ all the weight equalled out, you would lose.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So if we could compare equal weight vehicles and if the Titan should win then the hemi with it's extra 40 hp would really look bad.

One of the magazines compared a hemi Durango and an Armada in a comparison test. 0-60 went to the Armada. 1/4 mile times were the same. They did say the Durango edged out the Armada. The Durango is 300# lighter than the Armada.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You guys are debating a rediculous topic. bottom line. Titan 2x4 is same weight as RC Hemi. I also have not heard one person help him out. His 60' times sucks. Improve them, and its 2tenths at the end. Just a 2.1 60ft would be a 15.2. If you spend any time at the track practice with your RPM's on launch. Work on improving your 60ft. Do runs and check your 60 with different rpm ranges. The 60ft is what matters.

·
Registered
497 Posts
yes you have established many solid and strong points :dunno: , we would be completely lost with out your "true racer standpoint". :cheers:

·
Registered
25 Posts
are you trying to come off as a smart ***? if so, your doing so brilliantly. Im just posting the truth and my thoughts on things, at least im trying to be productive instead of just spewing in little smart *** comments every 10 posts.

·
Registered
497 Posts
no! youve got it all wrong. im trying to be productive and bring into light that you havnt established one single soild point yet that would give you any credibility, but many that do just the opposite.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I saw the original post, I dont have a book, but weight is one thing that every vehicle has. Which is why its the only real absolute. But, im not in an argueing mood. Im glad your happy w/ your titan, and wish you the best in all your races. I would appreciate it if youd spare me from the sarcasm in the future. Thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
np, this will be fun. ill be sure to be blunt from now on. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
04HEMI said:
I saw the original post, I dont have a book, but weight is one thing that every vehicle has. Which is why its the only real absolute.
so there are no other reputable references or any evidence where performance is only based on weight besides your own personal view? if there are none then you have no backing for the point your making and you need to stop posting flase statements here, even if you think they are right but in reality they are not. do a little homework on the matter, you will be in for a awakening. im giving you the benifit of a doubt on that one.

your statement that "weight is one thing that every vehicle has. Which is why its the only real absolute."
is also wrong, every vehicle has hp and tq, gearing, wheel/tire sizes, weight, and many more factors that a part in performance. your basing on weight alone like i said is wrong and you need to stop posting on and on with your Wrong views here. many factors affect the end product of performance, more specifically acceleration/speed. can you see how making just one a constant and the rest as variables then basing your opinion of acceleration/speed off it is wrong and not taking the whole picture into view? this is how just about, if not all your post's in this matter have been counterproductive. please elaborate on ALL my questions and points.

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks, i appreciate that, just lay it out for me. :) And I will agree w/ everything you said above, and admit, that in fact, weight isnt everything in racing, and that it involves many other factors. If I ever said weight was everything, that was incorrect of me, i admit. I do still think its a very important peice of the pie though. Adding more weight to any combination of engine, tranny, gearing etc, will make that vehicle slower. But, you make excellent points. And since what your basicly saying is, that since a Dodge reg cab sb hemi and a Nissan ext cab Titans weight the same, the difference is elsewhere. And since the Dodges are faster than the Titans, your in essence saying that the Dodge has a better combination, so I thank you for the compliment. I never thought Id see any Titan owner admit to the Dodges being better laid out from a performance standpoint, but you suprised me. Thanks, it does feel good to know, that my Ram is more performance oriented than the Titan, and would outrun them. :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
34,589 Posts
04HEMI said:
thanks, i appreciate that, just lay it out for me. :) And I will agree w/ everything you said above, and admit, that in fact, weight isnt everything in racing, and that it involves many other factors. If I ever said weight was everything, that was incorrect of me, i admit. I do still think its a very important peice of the pie though. Adding more weight to any combination of engine, tranny, gearing etc, will make that vehicle slower. But, you make excellent points. And since what your basicly saying is, that since a Dodge reg cab sb hemi and a Nissan ext cab Titans weight the same, the difference is elsewhere. And since the Dodges are faster than the Titans, your in essence saying that the Dodge has a better combination, so I thank you for the compliment. I never thought Id see any Titan owner admit to the Dodges being better laid out from a performance standpoint, but you suprised me. Thanks, it does feel good to know, that my Ram is more performance oriented than the Titan, and would outrun them. :thumbsup: :cheers:
Funny, I don't recall bighawaii saying anything of the sort.

So, not to belabor the point, just because one says it is, does not necessarily mean that it is so.

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of "is", is. (Credit to W. Clinton)

Rock on. :rockon

·
Registered
497 Posts
"thanks, i appreciate that, just lay it out for me. :) And I will agree w/ everything you said above, and admit, that in fact, weight isnt everything in racing, and that it involves many other factors. If I ever said weight was everything, that was incorrect of me, i admit. "
ty for your attempt at a productive responce and your 2ed time admitting the truth.

"I do still think its a very important peice of the pie though. Adding more weight to any combination of engine, tranny, gearing etc, will make that vehicle slower."
if you read my previous post carefully then you would of seen i posted...every vehicle has hp and tq, gearing, wheel/tire sizes, weight, and many more factors that a part in performance...., more specifically acceleration/speed.

"But, you make excellent points."
ty, just trying to be productive.

"And since what your basicly saying is, that since a Dodge reg cab sb hemi and a Nissan ext cab Titans weight the same, the difference is elsewhere."
yes, that is a good conclusion to draw.

"And since the Dodges are faster than the Titans, your in essence saying that the Dodge has a better combination, so I thank you for the compliment. I never thought Id see any Titan owner admit to the Dodges being better laid out from a performance standpoint, but you suprised me. Thanks, it does feel good to know, that my Ram is more performance oriented than the Titan, and would outrun them. :thumbsup: :cheer: "
ok you lost me there. it is your drawn conclusion that dodges are "faster" then titans, not mine. you obviously still dont see the whole picture on the aspect of performance or more specifically acceleration/speed.

with the competition being so close it would be such a tight race that the actual drivers' reaction time's and many other factors will play a bigger role in a race. i personally do not drag race my titan since its a truck and like to go offroading in it. acceleration/speed is just one aspect of performance, one the titan handles very well as well as off-roading and towing. the latter two are what many more truck drivers would be using their trucks for, the titan covers both aspects as well as many others of performance, which makes its very unique.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts