Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
There are curb weights listed on Dodge's web site. When you compare them to a Titan the 2WD regular cab is lighter. The main reason the Dodges seem to have some fast times is that those particular trucks have spent some time at the track. The more you work with the vehicle the better you are able to launch and tune even if it is stock. I agree that the Dodge's are generally heavier. I don't know what happened with the Edmunds test. But if you want to compare vehicles with weights that are equal you have to use a scale or curb weights. You can't just use your opinion of the weight. That makes no sense. It seems there is a lot of difference in performance in the hemi's. The Titan's seem to be more consistent.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My final reply to the comparison

04Hemi - you in fact did post:
disagree w/ the above statement. If we're talkin about 1/4 racing, weight means everything

So OK, now you are taking other things into account. I can understand what you are getting at: same weight of the vehicles would be one less performance variable to look at. OK, I can go with that. But let's drop back to my point. A crew cab Titan - full size 4 door model versus a Dodge crew cab - full 4 door model. Alright? Titan weighs less, I understand that. However, the Dodge makes 345hp with the hemi. The Dodge also has the 3.92 gear, which is much better than the optional 3.36 gear the Titan can come with. So with 40 more hp and better gearing, comparing the same model trucks (full 4 doors) the Dodge, perhaps, comes up short in the 1/4 mile vs. the Titan. Yes, I understand that the Titan weighs less. But Dodge and Nissan made whatever they felt like making, just like Ford and Chevy did too. No HP limits, no wieght liimits, they just did what they wanted to.

I can go with you and say that the hemi is the more powerful of the engines and if you strictly judge the power, then it is "better". Fine with me. But that wasn't my argument. Mine was, again, crew cab vs. crew cab I believe the titan has beaten the dodge in the heads-up 1/4 mile comparos that I have read - not that I have read them all so I could be wrong. That's all. If you want to ramble on about a std. cab versus a 4-door crew cab, then be my guest as I'm done replying to this thread because I just wanted there to be no doubt as to the point I was trying to make.

Rant on.

:cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
My friends 2WD QC HEMI ran 14.99 @ 89 mph and runs consistent 15.1 quarter mile times. I saw this with my own eyes! We ran each other too and I can run 15.3+ with mine and he walks me every time but I always match his mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
V8toilet said:
My friends 2WD QC HEMI ran 14.99 @ 89 mph and runs consistent 15.1 quarter mile times. I saw this with my own eyes! We ran each other too and I can run 15.3+ with mine and he walks me every time but I always match his mph.
what mods does he have?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I really dont have time too read every post here, but i will provide some info as too actual weight of hemi, and race time. The Hemi QC loaded are running 15.3's stock in my area. I am a RC LWB 4x4 with tow package, and heavy duty front axle. I also have a sprayed rhino liner that adds some weight. The weight is 5,100lb vehicle. I weigh 240lb so my race weight was 5,340lb. Truck was totally stock on run except for TCM mod. I think it may add a tenth, but i dought it. I actually plugged it back in cause i felt no difference. This weight is dead on. I took it too Petro truckstop and weighed it again with same weight. Reason i did is cause i thought the even pounds sounded weird. I dont have a printout of that one cause i didnt want too pay 8bucks. Flying J wrote void on it so it was free. Whats the titan weigh? anyone truly weighed one yet??

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
My KC SE 4X4 weighed in at 5300# with almost a full tank of fuel. Your numbers seem pretty real to me. 5000# for a 2WD RC SB seems very heavy to me. That was the numbers that Hemi04 was talking about. If you want to compare vehicles of equal weights you can't just guess at the weights and have any information that makes any sense.

·
Registered
489 Posts
JS02 said:
My KC SE 4X4 weighed in at 5300# with almost a full tank of fuel. Your numbers seem pretty real to me. 5000# for a 2WD RC SB seems very heavy to me. That was the numbers that Hemi04 was talking about. If you want to compare vehicles of equal weights you can't just guess at the weights and have any information that makes any sense.
True, Every vehicle that comes off the line is equipped different. I know the 20's are adding around 80# plus larger recipricating mass. The only way too get a true weight of a vehicle is too take it too a scale and weigh it. I would imagine the 2x4 RCSB Hemi's stripped with 17's would weigh in about 4,800. I believe 5k too be alittle high. I if i could remove LWB, remove 4x4, remove tow package, remove heavy duty front axle. That would shed me atleast 400lb. Again its its just guessing. No way too know unless a titan, and hemi are weighed. One adds fuel to weight too make dead even, and then run it at the track. Thats the only true way of finding the faster truck. Here is a picture of the truck that weighed in at 5,100lb with 1/4 tank of fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, I went to the drag strip with my Dad and brother today and decided to see what the Titan would do.

Only ran it twice. Had full tank of gas - didn't power brake - massed it. Had some wheel spin which contributed to my poor 60' time.

1/4 mile: 15.5

81 - 90 of 90 Posts