Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What I'm really looking at is how long it will last. Everyone loves their trucks after they buy them, but I'm not seeing a lot of them around , which makes me think they don't ever make it to 200k. Id be looking at buying one with 100k already, and most the miles would be touring a 6klb boat, so I wanna know if it will last long enough to pay it off before outs costing me

·
Premium Member
19,562 Posts
I have a friend with an Armada with 150,000+ miles. He has absolutely beat the crap out of that vehicle, taking it places I wouldn't take my Titan. He tows a travel trailer that has to weigh in at 8,000+ lbs at 90 MPH. I'm pretty sure his manifolds are cracked, but they've been that way for a good 40K miles. It's almost completely stock. He replaced the radiator (warranty) and the air shocks.

The Armada still looks good and keeps pulling the trailer up the passes here in the Rocky Mountains. Nissan put together a tough vehicle.

There are a lot of Armadas around where I live. However, a lot of them are grocery getters.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just add an 08 Armada with 120,000 miles on it to the stable. I just looked for the common stuff, manifolds, rear end when I was looking for used. I think I got a good one! I plan on towing with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks guys. Did about the same price as a 4runner the same year I could do Armada,its amatter of knowing I trust the Yoda seeing as how I've driven the same one for 17 years with minimal needed done in all that time

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go to the Club Armada board. There are a couple with over 300K with nothing but general maintenance which are also used for towing. I tow a heavy boat and a travel trailer that is over 6k. My Armada has only been used for towing since 60k and currently has 108K which is low miles IMO for this vehicle. They all have little quirks like any vehicle but Nissan truly got the engine/drivetrain right on this truck. It is also a pleasure to wrench on as a DIY ’r. 200K for a properly maintained Armada/Titan is no sweat. They have some known issues but IMO most of the issues fall under maintenance. If you’re good with a wrench all of the known problems can be eliminated by preventive measures. There are no secrets with these truck and all of the issues are out of the bag and easy to read about on several boards. IMO experience they are one of the most reliable vehicles on the road. This is even more true with the high mile Titan/Armada’s. I suggest if you want more responses you go to the Armada board. Good Luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I thought the only known issues with the Armada was the manifolds and brakes The rear diff is different than the Titan's, and they aren't a problem.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I drove my '04 Armada new off the lot and just sold to a friend in August. Had 225K on it. Never any transmission or major engine work needed. Needed a starter a year ago or so. Brake judder in the beginning until Nissan fixed with larger rotors. Never had any rear diff problems, manifold cracks or any other reported issues.

I was steady from day one with the Mobile 1 Fully Syn though. I will say I got every bit of capability out of it. I swear my friend is gonna get another 100k if he maintains it well. He still raving about how well it pulls his boat.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I drove my '04 Armada new off the lot and just sold to a friend in August. Had 225K on it. Never any transmission or major engine work needed. Needed a starter a year ago or so. Brake judder in the beginning until Nissan fixed with larger rotors. Never had any rear diff problems, manifold cracks or any other reported issues.

I was steady from day one with the Mobile 1 Fully Syn though. I will say I got every bit of capability out of it. I swear my friend is gonna get another 100k if he maintains it well. He still raving about how well it pulls his boat.
Awesome to hear. How often did you change the Transmission fluid, and did you use Nissan Fluid?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts