Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
06, only 50K miles. Exhaust rusted out at rear axle and melted wiring harness which caused all sorts of electrical issues at the time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just had to replace my transmission at 160k with a new from factory....cash $4200:(

Otherwise had no other issues besides regular maintenance. Did alot of upgrades to keep her strong.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Besides that, the back of my crew cab has worked out real well for me over the years. Its the perfect size for two people and its the most under utilized "thing" we take for granted in our Titans.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Titan

I am looking at at 2012 Titan and would like to know of any problems you have had or seen of with the truck . It will be my first Nissian so i am not sure about the truck yet > any help would be great .

Thanks

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I hate to be the guy that says "Try a search", because I'm generally glad to help, but there's probably 100 pages of common issues regarding Titans that you'll figure out in 10 minutes. Faster than I can type them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started out great. All mechanics say "this is a great truck"..... but so far in 2019 I've had $4k done in maintenance with another $2.3k quoted from taking it in this week. The repairs are extensive and costly. Radiators, leaking fluid lines, tie rods, wheel speed sensors, corroded batteries... the list goes on. Seemed like a great truck, but really turning out to be a huge money pit. I'd say avoid it. Especially if you are in an area that has an extreme winter or summer season.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I had a 2011 Pro4x, never had any problems other than hood paint peeling and from what I understand was a common issue. I now have a 17 Platinum Reserve, I had it for over a year, and the only complaint that I can think of is the way outdated stereo. One of the best sounding I’ve ever owned but the rest of the system, like the availability of Apps is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Mine started out great. All mechanics say "this is a great truck"..... but so far in 2019 I've had $4k done in maintenance with another $2.3k quoted from taking it in this week. The repairs are extensive and costly. Radiators, leaking fluid lines, tie rods, wheel speed sensors, corroded batteries... the list goes on. Seemed like a great truck, but really turning out to be a huge money pit. I'd say avoid it. Especially if you are in an area that has an extreme winter or summer season.
How many miles? Radiators at around the 150k mark or maybe a little earlier is a known issue, as are the fluid lines (fixed with simple cheap worm clamps). Everything else sounds like age & maintenance. Corroded battery? Only happens when the battery is getting near the end of its life generally. Tie rods wear out, so do sensors. Impossible to gauge without knowing the year and miles on your truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
COMMON PROBLEMS w a TITAN?
Ya, you'll have a few.

First off your gonna be beating women off with a stick.

2nd, forget any civilized conversations on current topics like Egypt,
The only thing your friends are gonna be talking about is how f'ing cool your truck is. Your crew is gonna ride around in your beast non stop.

3rd, your gonna have to get new clothes, your muscles are going to start busting out of all your shirts because for some reason owning one of these trucks instantly makes your way stronger and cooler.

4th, minimal 2 inches automatically added, forget extends.

5th, Awesome sh*t is going to start happening to you every where you go, people are gonna wanna take pictures standing next to your truck, you'll more than likely hit the lotto a few times(depends on how many time you play), and your gonna start getting laid like crazy so you should go ahead and invest in some Trojans.

These are just a few of the many inconveniences of owning a Nissan Titan
Lmfao!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey man,
I have a 2012 SV 4x4. I bought it with 78000 on her and now has 134,000. I have run into a leaky rear window seal and that’s about it. I have the fluids changed when needed and haven’t had any problem. I did the following:
1. Added rear diff vent mod. About $30. Did it myself.
2. Added a csf all aluminum radiator. There is a possibility of the factory one failing. About $300
3. Added bilstein 1500 shocks in the rear and Gabriel coil overs in the front. I tow a 5000 pound trailer.
4. Added carbon rotors because of towing.
All of these are things I wanted to do and didn’t necessarily need to do it. It is a great truck. All newer vehicles have issues. If you take care of it it will take care of you. I went from a 2002 tundra to this.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts