Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
No I don't, but for the money it's worth a try.
One con is a lighter / easier to lift tailgate will result in smaller arms haha

·
Registered
837 Posts
After having my Titan for 3 1/2 years, my tailgate doesn't feel heavy to me at all. I have gotten used to it. I like the fact that I can get a slight workout when I go to get something out of the back of my truck. One of our local guys put the Hoppy torsion bar on his, and I don't think that he has had any issues with it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hands full is the issue for me. One handed, I fear Ill scratch the gate w/ my keys in that hand, etc.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have the Hoppy assist tailgate and it's been great. Very easy to install but it is a two person install like it shows on there site. That tailgate weighs a ton! I've had it on for over a year and have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good info (as always). There goes another addition to my list!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just put mine on tonight, and it is ok. I thought it was supposed to lower slowly like the 05+ but that is not the case. It will still slam down if you let it free fall. It is much easier to lift but i still would rather convert it to the 05+ hydraulic assist system

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gotboost? said:
I just put mine on tonight, and it is ok. I thought it was supposed to lower slowly like the 05+ but that is not the case. It will still slam down if you let it free fall. It is much easier to lift but i still would rather convert it to the 05+ hydraulic assist system
Boost- did it help lighten the lowering load at all?
(The 05 assist system is more expensive and complicated and all hydr. lifts seem to fail if given enough time.)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Machado7 said:
Boost- did it help lighten the lowering load at all?
(The 05 assist system is more expensive and complicated and all hydr. lifts seem to fail if given enough time.)

Without a doubt it helped lighten the load. But I wanted to be able to let go of the tailgate completly and let it float to fully open. It must have been a mis understanding of the way the product worked fully. I am very happy with the way it performs for 20 bucks...

I am still jealous of the 05+ers :crybaby:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, with my 2005 I can't just open the gate and let it fall down. It will thud. I might have been able to when it was new, but now, no way.

-Cyrus

·
Registered
97 Posts
Vyrus said:
If it makes you feel any better, with my 2005 I can't just open the gate and let it fall down. It will thud. I might have been able to when it was new, but now, no way.

-Cyrus

AAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh, that does make me feel better!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vyrus said:

-Cyrus
Thanks for the honest report. Reality always feels better before I spend $.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's a shame EZdown cannot be convinced to make one of their tailgate assist kits for the Titan. I called them and their reply was that it would require more installation trouble than they thought the consumer would be willing to go through. :crying:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
If to 05-present titan's didn't already have tailgate assist, ezdown would likely be more willing to jump on board to make something.

·
Registered
599 Posts
54warrior said:
If to 05-present titan's didn't already have tailgate assist, ezdown would likely be more willing to jump on board to make something.
That's certainly true, but just think of all the '04 owners who would jump all over this if it was available.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Pot Hole said:
That's certainly true, but just think of all the '04 owners who would jump all over this if it was available.
It's likely less than you think. A handful here and a handful there.

Some owners have already spent money on the hoppygate thing.

Some have retrofitted the newer part.

Others don't even know that something like this even exist.

A lot might claim they'd buy one, but will never pony up when it's time to buy it.

Then you're left with the few who would actually purchase the product.

My opinion is that the Titan parts can't be significantly different than the other parts, they could probably even sell one of the other brands as a Titan model and be just fine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i have had no problem with my tailgate it came on mine new but everytime i lower a tailgate on my car lot from another truck i get pissed when it slams down and people look at me liked im mad about something so just some advise if you get it dont forget that others prob wont have it hahaha!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts