Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what works best for rear spring helpers. I get a very bouncy ride on my Titan and the rear sags a bit when towing a 7000lb loaded trailer. I am thinking of adding a spring helper to see if the ride improves.

Any consensus regarding best option amongst the following? I really want to stay away from airbags.

Hellwig Nissan Titan Helper Springs - 1500 lbs by Hellwig
Timbren Timbren SES Kits - Suspension Enhancement for your Vehicle
Roadmaster Roadmaster Active Suspension MK4-XXF - Roadmaster Active Suspension Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I hate to spend more for the Roadmaster if either the Hellwig or the Timbren will do the same trick.

Mike

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hello,

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on what works best for rear spring helpers. I get a very bouncy ride on my Titan and the rear sags a bit when towing a 7000lb loaded trailer. I am thinking of adding a spring helper to see if the ride improves.

Any consensus regarding best option amongst the following? I really want to stay away from airbags.

Hellwig Nissan Titan Helper Springs - 1500 lbs by Hellwig
Timbren Timbren SES Kits - Suspension Enhancement for your Vehicle
Roadmaster Roadmaster Active Suspension MK4-XXF - Roadmaster Active Suspension Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I hate to spend more for the Roadmaster if either the Hellwig or the Timbren will do the same trick.

Mike
IMO the roadmaster is the setup to get. I have them right now however I have them in the for sale section. I love them because they act like traction bars, remove axle wrap and ride very nice. Unfortunately I am selling mine because the toyhauler I just bought has the axles flipped which is good because my truck is lifted but I need 0 sag which unfortunately all the options you listed above do not offer. I have to get firestones because airlift does not make a spacer that is compatible with my lift and also I wish I didn't need to get bags because of the crappier ride they give even with the minimum 5 lbs of air in them. If nobody buys my RAS then I will just add the bags to it. I am selling them for $250 shipped if you are interested just pm me. Hope that helped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts