Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed mine, but have never dyno'd my truck.

Curious what anyone is seeing in the way of improvement.

Come on, one of you guys must have gotten it dyno'd by now!!!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
huskyfan said:
I've installed mine, but have never dyno'd my truck.

Curious what anyone is seeing in the way of improvement.

Come on, one of you guys must have gotten it dyno'd by now!!!
are you referring to an independent dyno and not one from stillen like Decypher's? Decypher has one on his thread that Stillen did on his truck. they did a base run then a VKpro run.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i knew about that one. i guess what i'm talking about is one done on a dyno completely separated from Stillen. If my memory serves me correctly their was some question over the results, namely the numbers, etc, prior to the install seemed a bit odd, making the gains appear larger.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Huskyfan....would you please share your thouhts and opinions of your performance gains with your VKPRO?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd like to see some more as well. I trust the dyno done on mine, but I'd like to see some more numbers out there in the wild.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Kyle just posted over on CT that all back orders have shipped, so hopefully we'll start seeing some comments soon!

·
Super Moderator
160,804 Posts
IIRC, the controversy came from the baseline figures. It was thought by some that the RWHP figure used for a "before" number by Stillen was too low, thus inflating the gains.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've got a volant exhaust with the 3" y pipe. i replaced the volant muffler with a thrustmaster (it helped the drone, believe it or not!). I also have an Injen intake.

I've noted some increased performance via the butt dyno. Better throttle response. Maybe a bit worse gas mileage. It seems to run better. But not a huge improvement. Like someone said, hard to feel it much when you are hauling around a 6000 pound truck. My gut feeling is that it has improved the low and mid range moderately (15-25 hp). that's ok. I tow a boat and i wanted the increases in the lower RPM.

I've noted that when I go up SouthCenter hill (I-5 in Seattle area) it used to downshift when going up it around 65-70. Now it lugs right on up without downshifting. It feels like a tractor down low. That's a good thing.

John

·
Registered
145 Posts
huskyfan said:
i've got a volant exhaust with the 3" y pipe. i replaced the volant muffler with a thrustmaster (it helped the drone, believe it or not!). I also have an Injen intake.

I've noted some increased performance via the butt dyno. Better throttle response. Maybe a bit worse gas mileage. It seems to run better. But not a huge improvement. Like someone said, hard to feel it much when you are hauling around a 6000 pound truck. My gut feeling is that it has improved the low and mid range moderately (15-25 hp). that's ok. I tow a boat and i wanted the increases in the lower RPM.

I've noted that when I go up SouthCenter hill (I-5 in Seattle area) it used to downshift when going up it around 65-70. Now it lugs right on up without downshifting. It feels like a tractor down low. That's a good thing.

John
Thanks for your thoughts. With all the back ordered units reported to be shipped I am sure we will start to see more results and maybe even some dyno and track times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts