Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a certified Nissan Tech .. been with Nissan for three years. Any help I can be with solving problems i would be glad to.I have been to all of the Titan schools and am 1 of the 2 mechanics at my dealership that work on Titans. I can talk directly with Nissan through the dealership to help solve problems. Just send me an e-mail if I can be of any help.

Nismech

·
Registered
350 Posts
Squeaky rub in steering wheel

Maybe you can help me...I've posted this, but no one seems to have an answer. They said it may be the ABS, but that makes no sense.

When I turn my steering wheel on my 05 to a hard left, it makes like a rubbing noise. It doesn't make it unless I am moving. Still, there is no noise.

Any help?
Thanks,
Crickett

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problems with AUX and Low Ground Clearance

Can you look at my thread on "Problems with AUX and Low Ground Clearance" and get me some answers with references? The dealership has been giving me the runaround for three visits now and they are not giving me any answers.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
nismech03, thanks for joining our site, your expertise will be greatly appreciated and respected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've discovered a sound coming from the far left side of the dash, right around the speaker cover. When I push down on the speaker cover or the dash immediately around the speaker, the sound quits. I at first thought it was some sort of electrical "crackle", but I now think the dash is rubbing somewhere. Have you ever seen this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think we need to pm him about these issues. He hasn't been back on this thread since. I would hate to bombard him with pms....what do you think?

Crickett :rollingsm

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bowmanbd, Pop the speaker cover off and see what is squeeking. You may be able to loosen the screws and retighten or just tighten all and squeek will go awaay. Just take a peek. I stopped going to dealer for rattles. They are really pretty easy to find and fix. I hunted one rattle for a long time only to reach up and hold the map lights in and the rattle stopped. The rattle sounded like it was in the dash. Those push in lights are notorious for rattles. Popped of my radio cover and found another rattle from the wiring connectors rattling against the dash. My dash is totally quiet now. I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bowmanbd, I also had to push some felt between the dash and the a-pillar, near the front windshield to stop another squeek. I had some of these same rattles in other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I tried to PM nismo03 about the status of the new brake tsb. No response from him so far. Maybe he is working long hours on Titans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts