Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 10" kicker comp vr's that are 5 1/2" in depth total, and Im wondering how I can fit either all 4 of them under my back seat, or put to under the back and 2 under each front seat, either way Im going to need something to raise the seat up... can anyone help me out?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
These subs will not work under the front seats. You can physically fit all 4 of them under the rear seats but there is not enough airspace. I assure you 2 of these subs under the rear seat will be better than all 4. Use 2 and sell the others or keep them as backups. Or use all 4 properly and lose the back seat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how could all four physically fit under the rear seat??? and if there is absolutely no way to get the airspace needed you can always port the box right?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
4 could not fit, properly.

What he was saying is that because 4 would require more airspace than you have 2 in the proper airspace would sound better. If you port and enclousre you actually need more airspace than sealed to make it sound right.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you know if theres a way to lift the backseat up so it will still work properly and be able to fit the subs under there like a box for 2?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
James can build you a box that will make 2 work well. However there just isnt enough room for 4 unless you remove the back seat, or make special mounts to raise it quite a bit. A few people have made brackets to do this but nobody makes a kit that you can buy.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
afailedutopia said:
how could all four physically fit under the rear seat??? and if there is absolutely no way to get the airspace needed you can always port the box right?

4 10's can PHYSICALLY fit under the rear seat. TRUST ME. You only have enough airspace for 1 sub if you go ported.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha okay smartass.... im talking in depth here, I guess I'll have to raise the backseat about 3 inches... Ive talked to a professional audio installer and thats the only thing we could come up with considering I dont want my **** ghetto lookin or anything..

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Upfire the subs. No need to raise the seat. They are under 6" deep. I've been installing for 13 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I was thinking about forward fire.... I appreciate the help tho I dont know what Im gonna do yet, I'll let you know when I have pictures up of my setup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts