Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to get a PRG Mini Lift installed for my 4x4 with 1.5 inch rear blocks. The PRG site web page for just the rear blocks says " LONGER SHOCKS may be required with the 1.5" kit".

I missed that page when I ordered my Mini Lift kit :+)

Rick

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
raconnol; said:
I am getting ready to get a PRG Mini Lift installed for my 4x4 with 1.5 inch rear blocks. The PRG site web page for just the rear blocks says " LONGER SHOCKS may be required with the 1.5" kit".

I missed that page when I ordered my Mini Lift kit :+)

Rick
You will be fine for a short while. Just give Greg a call and speak with him.
Any thing over 1" lift in the rear will require new rear shocks. Greg sells Bilstiens 5125 that are for 1"- 2" or 3" of lift.
But as i said, you will be fine for short while.

I've been running 1.5" of lift with 5100s for couple months but I am planing Radflows in the very near future. My rear shocks are still fine.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTW layer1 one of the reasons I went with this kit is so that I can install a set of Terra Grapplers 325 60r18. Though I also read Pop's posts that he installed these tires on stock rims for his Armada without any rubbing issues.

I see you have a set... any regrets?

Rick

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
BTW layer1 one of the reasons I went with this kit is so that I can install a set of Terra Grapplers 325 60r18. Though I also read Pop's posts that he installed these tires on stock rims for his Armada without any rubbing issues.

I see you have a set... any regrets?

Rick
No regrets at all. I had the 1.5" leveling kit prior to my current setup with no issues running 325/60r18 on stock rims. The terras are a great tire. I had to remove the mudflaps. I'm currently running a 4" performance lift. Just need radflows to finish it up. Also, I'm looking to go to a trail grapplers, 34.5" tall.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terrific, now I am surfing the PRG site for rear shocks :)

Sway-A-Ways at 100$ more than Radflo's, which are only 100$ more than Icons which are slightly more then the Bilsteins. What a slippery slope this topic is quickly becoming.

So before I decide on what shock I want, in need to decide if I want to install a PRG Deaver 3-Leaf Sping Pack.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts